Gospel library does not update with sync.

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

copterpilot

Gospel library does not update with sync.

Post by copterpilot »

I cannot get the 2018 conference issues to update and download on my Gospel Library on my laptop. I sign in and then sync. It cycles for about 2 seconds and quits with 2017 as the last general conference issue. Any help out there?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel library does not update with sync.

Post by russellhltn »

What version do you have? Older versions use an older content store that doesn't get updated.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
golf23

Post by golf23 »

I have the same issue. How do you download the current version.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Windows RT, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and all versions of Windows Phone, are no longer supported. The current versions of the app on Windows are version 4.2.4.0 for non-beta, version 4.2.3.0 for beta, and 4.4.7.0 for preview (alpha). These versions of the app require Windows 10 or Windows 10 Mobile, with the Anniversary Update or later. Versions of the app prior to version 4 on iOS, Android, and Windows use an old content source that is no longer supported. On unsupported devices, the best way to access new content, like new manuals and issues of Church magazines, is via LDS.org. If you're on Windows 10 or Windows 10 Mobile and are not getting the current content, you'll need to visit the Microsoft Store (Store) app on your device and update the app there.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
JeanneYoung3rdIrons

Post by JeanneYoung3rdIrons »

The hidden notifications turn off the sound when I'm listening to the scriptures. How can I turn off or stop the notifications.
spencerto
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by spencerto »

Can you explain what you mean when you say "hidden notification" and that they turn off the sound when you are listening to the scriptures. I'm not sure what that means. If you are having issues, you can contact support directly by emailing GospelLibrary-Win@ChurchOfJesusChrist.org.

Thanks
jordanivanrobert

Post by jordanivanrobert »

I also have that problem. I have two gospel apps one on my desktop and one one my PC, both Windows 10 machines and they say they're synced, but my desktop does not sync to my laptop app.

I have many highlights and notes in the BOM and D&C on my desktop library app, that do not show up on my laptop.

Please help
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jordanivanrobert wrote:I have two gospel apps one on my desktop and one one my PC, both Windows 10 machines and they say they're synced, but my desktop does not sync to my laptop app.
The apps do not sync with eachother, but rather they both sync with churchofjesuschrist.org. Note that both must be syncing with the same Church Account in order for data on one to get to the other.

A place to start checking is to see if the data has made it to the web page. If it hasn't, then you need to troubleshoot the sending computer. If it has, then you need to check on the receiving computer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrbright

Post by mrbright »

It appears that the automatic sync and normal manual sync doesn’t work. I have to log out and log back in every time. This appears to have started when the church switched authentication systems and is tied to two factor authentication. My account has two factor turned on.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”