Gospel Library Exruciatingly Slow Install on Amazon Fire

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library Exruciatingly Slow Install on Amazon Fire

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 5.0.2 for Android is in beta and fixes a bug with search re-indexing that happens each time a book is installed. The fix speeds up install time for books. Are any of you on the beta? I'm curious if it solves the problem, especially for those of you who are taking several minutes to install a single book.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:Gospel Library 5.0.2 for Android is in beta and fixes a bug with search re-indexing that happens each time a book is installed. The fix speeds up install time for books.
I downloaded the beta and installed 378 Ensigns at a rate of one per second. That's right. Six minutes.

It would appear that some behind-the-scenes indexing probably was the culprit.

Thanks.
MrDithers

Post by MrDithers »

Same with me, although I haven't yet been able to get the November 2018 Ensign installed. They really messed up. And I submitted a complaint through the app and have yet to hear back from them and it's been almost a week. I wish there was a way we could roll back to the previous version, at least until this mess gets cleaned up. I thought maybe they compress it into a different format that's smaller and tighter and then have to unpack it, but it takes way too long for the size of file, even on a portable device.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”