butt't Clerk unable to process tithing

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sixpacktr

butt't Clerk unable to process tithing

Post by sixpacktr »

Hello,

My name is [redacted], and I am the Branch Clerk of the [redacted] in Memphis TN. The Asst Clerk has access to MLS, but when he processes Donations, the computer does not allow him to be one of the two signees before sending the data back to SLC. I have even given him admin rights as a way of bypassing the system (or so I thought) and it still didn't work. I sent in his signature card, etc., but am at a loss as to why this is happening. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. You can reach me at byujiji@hotmail.com
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: butt't Clerk unable to process tithing

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: personal information has been redacted. This is a public forum and all personal information is visible to the entire world.

The issue with being able to sign financial transactions requires the member to have a standard calling with financial privileges (branch clerk, assistant branch clerk, assistant branch clerk - finance). It may take more than 24 hours for a new calling to see the privileges granted. Don't forget to send in an updated signature card that includes his signature.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Also, your primary point of contact for issues such as this is your stake clerk, who is responsible for your training and guidance.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:It may take more than 24 hours for a new calling to see the privileges granted. Don't forget to send in an updated signature card that includes his signature.
As well as a send/receive in MLS to download the permissions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sixpacktr

Re: Asst Clerk unable to process tithing

Post by sixpacktr »

thank you all for your input, but I gave him access months ago, when we were set up. That is what is so weird. MLS lets him in, and lets him enter the donations, but doesn't let him be one of the 'signees' when submitting the information.

That is what I need help on. Why would that be?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sixpacktr wrote:thank you all for your input, but I gave him access months ago, when we were set up.
You can't give him access to this. What is his calling as recorded in LCR? And does it show up correctly in MLS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

sixpacktr wrote:thank you all for your input, but I gave him access months ago, when we were set up. That is what is so weird. MLS lets him in, and lets him enter the donations, but doesn't let him be one of the 'signees' when submitting the information.
The right to submit a donation batch is not related to the rights granted in the MLS user dialog. It depends only on the calling they have. In order to sign off on a donation batch he must have a calling of 'Assistant Ward Clerk' or 'Assistant Ward Clerk-Finance'. The calling 'Assistant Ward Clerk-Membership' does not have this right. You can verify if he has this right by having him log into LCR and look for the Finance tab. If he can reach the Finance section then he has an appropriate calling.

And as russellhltn indicates, you also have to make sure that the calling has been downloaded from LCR to MLS. You can do that by looking a his callings in MLS.
sixpacktr

Post by sixpacktr »

Eblood66. That makes sense. I will update his calling to asst clerk instead of just membership and see what that does. Thank you so much for the direction.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”