Quarterly Audit

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
robbygold

Quarterly Audit

Post by robbygold »

I am a new Ward Clerk and completing my first Quarterly Audit. On the audit it asks to provide all RS or Elders who attended the month prior, then the next question asked how many Young Adults attended, do I need to answer these questions separately or should I be removing the Young Adults from the RS/Elder Quorum reports so they are not counted twice? Hope that makes sense.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Quarterly Report

Post by lajackson »

robbygold wrote:. . . do I need to answer these questions separately or should I be removing the Young Adults from the RS/Elder Quorum reports so they are not counted twice?
On the quarterly report you should include them in both places. A Young Adult counts in attending as a YA, and also counts in attending as either an elder or a member of the Relief Society.
davesudweeks

Re: Quarterly Audit

Post by davesudweeks »

robbygold wrote:I am a new Ward Clerk and completing my first Quarterly Audit. On the audit it asks to provide all RS or Elders who attended the month prior, then the next question asked how many Young Adults attended, do I need to answer these questions separately or should I be removing the Young Adults from the RS/Elder Quorum reports so they are not counted twice? Hope that makes sense.
If you click the number under the "Potential" column, it will give you a report of the names that are possible to count. I print each of those lists and give them to the organization presidents with a request such as: "Please tell me how many on this list attended at least one Sunday meeting during the last month. I just need a total number, I don't need the names." We call it a quarterly report, but I often have to remind them we only count the last month of the quarter.

For the YSAs, I sort the list by gender, and then print two copies, to make it easier for RS and Priesthood leaders to count.

This requires printing a few pages each quarter, but makes it very easy to manage as I can hand them the sheet at the beginning of the meetings and they can provide it back later (most pass it to their secretary to complete). Some just tell me the number, some checkmark next to the names and hand back for me to count.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”