Need to pay for my son's monthly mission donation.

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
slamomof5

Need to pay for my son's monthly mission donation.

Post by slamomof5 »

I can't get our ward missionaries' list on my donation slip. How do I locate it? My son goes this month to the MTC and I need to start paying for his mission. Please help! Thanks.

Sarah Adams

P.S. My son's name is [personal information redacted since this forum and all posts are publicly viewable]
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Need to pay for my son's monthly mission donation.

Post by jdlessley »

The steps to make a missionary donation online are:
  1. Sign-in to LDS.org
  2. Select "My Account and Ward"
  3. Select "Donations" from the middle column under the "My Ward" column title
    (You will be redirected to the LDS Account sign-on page if you did not accomplish the sign-in at step 1)
  4. Click the down arrow in the "Ward Missionary Fund" field for a list of serving ward missionaries from your ward
  5. Select your missionary and then enter the donation amount
Your missionary's name may not appear on the list yet since it requires action from the Missionary Department to get the name on the list. It should appear some time this month. If it is not showing now you can either wait until it does appear or you can make a paper donation slip donation to a bishopric member.

Since it is only 1 October and a Monday today, I doubt it will take more than a few days for your missionary's name to appear on the list.

Monthly equalized payments are pulled from the ward missionary fund during the second week of the month so I would expect your missionary to be on the list by that time. If it does not appear by that time then contact your ward clerk so he can contact the GSC (global service center) and/or the Missionary Department to see what is happening.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Salomelolohea

Not sure whether to pay for daughters mission now or wait till she goes to mtc?

Post by Salomelolohea »

Can I pay for her mission donation now or do i have to wait for her to enter mtc and field first?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Not sure whether to pay for daughters mission now or wait till she goes to mtc?

Post by Mikerowaved »

Salomelolohea wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:43 pm Can I pay for her mission donation now or do i have to wait for her to enter mtc and field first?
I recommend talking to your ward clerk. Donations can probably be accepted now, but please understand these are donations, so there won't be any refund possible if [heaven forbid] something happened that prevented your daughter from serving.

Best wishes to you and your daughter.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Online donations definitely have helped smooth some of these issues out at the start of a missionary's service. With paper donation slips, it's easy to have somebody donate too early to a missionary's fund, only for that missionary's info to not be in the system yet. With online donations, it's easier to when the donations can be started (at least if you're in the home ward, I suppose).
Timwright6

Post by Timwright6 »

Can a member of a different ward and stake make payments directly online to a relatives missionary account? Or must the family send a check to the missionary's Bishop?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... on-Process
Donating Funds to the Ward Missionary Fund in Other Wards or Branches

To donate to a ward missionary fund in another ward or branch, click Select a missionary, and then click Missionary in Other Ward or Branch.

Enter the ward or branch number, and click Continue. For help in getting a ward or branch number, click How do I get a ward or branch number?
From the drop-down list, select the name of the missionary.
In the blank highlighted field next to the missionary’s name, enter the amount you wish to donate.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Online Donations”