Bookmark Problems

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
achawk

Bookmark Problems

Post by achawk »

Hello,
I couldn't find my bookmarks anymore, so I switched on "New Experience." Now every time I sign in, I find new bookmarks that I have never added. A few days ago it was just 4 book marks and I just deleted them. When is signed in today it has 79 bookmarks. Where are these coming from? I don't have the time right now to delete everything individually and I can't find the 1 bookmark I put in there, so I don't feel like I can use this anymore. Can someone help me?
Thank you for your time,
~Amanda
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Bookmark Problems

Post by russellhltn »

You might check and see if family members are using the Gospel Library App on a phone or tablet that's using your LDS login.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Do they look like duplicates of the same bookmark, or are they all different bookmarks?

Do you have the Gospel Library app installed on any devices? If so, are you also seeing all of the extra bookmarks there?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
achawk

Post by achawk »

I haven't shared my login info with anyone except my husband and he has his own. I do have the app but I haven't visited the any of the lessons etc. that are bookmarked nor have I bookmarked anything on the app from my phone. I really only use the bookmarks to keep track of where I am as I am going through previous General Conference talks. When I had looked before I didn't see any duplicates, just a bunch of different ones. Ensign articles, lessons from manuals, scriptures, topical guide, etc. I just switched the "New Experience" tab on and all the bookmarks I saw before were gone and new ones were there. There was a lot less so I just deleted them. I am going to leave the tab on and check it tomorrow and see if anything different happens. It is just weird because I wasn't even on the pages that are bookmarked recently, some of them I have never seen those pages before.
kianscott2005

Post by kianscott2005 »

achawk wrote:Hello,
I couldn't find my bookmarks anymore, so I switched on "New Experience." Now every time I sign in, I find new bookmarks that I have never added. A few days ago it was just 4 book marks and I just deleted them. When is signed in today it has 79 bookmarks. Where are these coming from? I don't have the time right now to delete everything individually and I can't find the 1 bookmark I put in there, so I don't feel like I can use this anymore. Can someone help me?
Thank you for your time,
~Amanda
I have a problem with the bookmarks, but it's not the exact same. If I save a bookmark and then reload the page, it deletes the bookmarks. I have tried multiple different things, but nothing does any good. I know that I'm signed into the account, but when they released the new update with the "New Experience" came out, my bookmarks haven't worked.
arcanjos01

Post by arcanjos01 »

I can not access the diary, log in but get the initial screen empty, tried with firefox(63) and chorme.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

arcanjos01 wrote:I can not access the diary, log in but get the initial screen empty, tried with firefox(63) and chorme.
Are you trying to get to the old study page (https://www.lds.org/study-tools?lang=eng) or the new one (Notes.LDS.org)?
arcanjos01

Post by arcanjos01 »

Thank you, I did not know the new site, it's working.
NadiaMerrill

Post by NadiaMerrill »

I have an odd bookmark problem. All of my bookmarks work properly except ones to the Topical Guide. I've tried updating the bookmark and also deleting and creating a new one. Neither option worked. All of my other bookmarks are working just fine.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

NadiaMerrill wrote:I have an odd bookmark problem. All of my bookmarks work properly except ones to the Topical Guide. I've tried updating the bookmark and also deleting and creating a new one. Neither option worked. All of my other bookmarks are working just fine.
Are you using Gospel Library for Android, iOS, or Windows, or the website?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”