Audio capability for Church Magazines not working

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
RLBartholomew

Re: Audio capability for Church Magazines not working

Post by RLBartholomew »

In Chrome I cannot hear audio on lds.org. In Internet Explorer or Edge, I can hear audio on lds.org. How can I restore the audio to Chrome when using lds.org?
munaish

Post by munaish »

Mine works fine in the current version of the site on Firefox (I'm not talking about the New experience). If you try the "New experience" the audio options are set up like the Gospel Library Android app where you have to click the circled headphones in the lower right corner of the article to see them. The audio on the new experience works nicely, so far, too.
Last edited by munaish on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
munaish

Post by munaish »

However, it doesn't continue playing the next article after it finishes the current one (however, it didn't do that before—but the Android app does it sometimes, though not always with magazines; although the Android app is pretty good at continuing to the next chapter with scriptures). I don't see a way to download the whole magazine via the new experience, either.

It would be nice if the Mormon Channel just made a station where they always played audio versions of church magazines. Then we wouldn't have to do complex and expensive stuff to listen to random articles for hours on end without feedback from the listener: e.g. spend time and bandwidth downloading loads of magazines, buying SD cards (which probably won't last a long time) to extend the memory on our mobile devices so we can fit some of them, transferring the MP3s now and then, getting an MP3 player app that will handle that conveniently (and play all the files in a particular folder instead of importing them into your library making it hard to find your other stuff), etc. I would seriously use that radio station. It would be nice if they had one for each magazine, and one that combined them all (and randomly played articles from among all the issues and years). Alternatively, a streaming player with a more configuration options would be great. (Like one that lets you select which magazines to include in the list, whether or not it's random, specific issues you want to include in the list, etc.) However, a radio station would be a lot easier to create and maintain, and it would be almost as good, if not better (since you don't need additional software to play a radio station, usually; many media players will just play them if you have the URI).

Return to “Main Church Website”