New ministering update bug?

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New ministering update bug?

Post by russellhltn »

grovsand wrote:Yes you need to be signed in to see ministering assignments.
You have to sign in to sync and get any data.

But once loaded, you don't need to sign in - not like membership data.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
NathanWWaite

Post by NathanWWaite »

lajackson wrote:If the display problem is in LDS Tools, then yes, there are issues. Most of those in our ward assigned to minister to larger numbers of members do not see all of their families in LDS Tools. With one of my callings, I am able to see all assignments, and I do not see any consistency in the number of families displayed. Some show only three, others show four or five, but most do not show all assigned.

LCR seems to be fine and I did a sync in LDS Tools and rechecked. Same results.
I am on iOS LDS Tools, but the RS President in my ward is on Android and for certain EQ companionships that have larger number of ministering families (5-6), she does not see the last family listed. Odd. I do not have this problem on iOS. We re-sync'd on both of our phones. Same problem persists.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

NathanWWaite wrote:I am on iOS LDS Tools, but the RS President in my ward is on Android and for certain EQ companionships that have larger number of ministering families (5-6), she does not see the last family listed.
Your RS President should report that using the feedback option in her app. That's the best way to make sure the developers see it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

gtdurham wrote:I found the issue. If the father in the family is not a member of the church, then the family won't show up under the ministering brother's list, but if you go to the family, he will show up as the ministering brother. I have reported this issue, but nothing has been resolved. It's only with the Android version and not the iOS,
I encountered this very issue and it is the exact same scenario! Great investigative work, gtdurham! I was scratching my head on why I (on my Android) couldn't see the family in the companionship list, but the others (on their iPhones) could. I will also submit feedback.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest sending the feedback via the app, so it will be seen by the LDS Tools developers. Using lds.org will likely result in a delay in getting to them.

dwbedell

Post by dwbedell »

Is there a planned fix for this? When I look at some ministering companionships, they are missing some families assigned to them on my Android device.. No problem on iOS and Web. It's a problem for doing interviews with ministering brothers since I can't see all the assigned families on my Android device. I have Android 8.0 on my phone.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

nmecantwin73 wrote:
gtdurham wrote:I found the issue. If the father in the family is not a member of the church, then the family won't show up under the ministering brother's list, but if you go to the family, he will show up as the ministering brother. I have reported this issue, but nothing has been resolved. It's only with the Android version and not the iOS,
I encountered this very issue and it is the exact same scenario! Great investigative work, gtdurham! I was scratching my head on why I (on my Android) couldn't see the family in the companionship list, but the others (on their iPhones) could. I will also submit feedback.
I received the latest update to LDS Tools [Android - v3.5.3 (35339.13)] last night and it appears - and I verified in my list - this issue has been fixed. Thank you to the developers!
What's New
New or Enhanced Functionality
* Reduced the size of the app.

Issues Resolved
o Causing the Salt Lake Temple to appear when a member's assigned temple is closed for renovations.
o Preventing ministering assignments from appearing in certain situations. ⬅⬅
o Causing the app to crash while running in the background.
o Preventing the app from working in Traditional Chinese.
o Preventing the app from launching on Pixelbook and Pixel Slate devices.
o Showing Course 11 students in Gospel Doctrine class.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”