Member Record disappered

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
markec

Member Record disappered

Post by markec »

The membership record of a member of a ward has just disappeared. She is still in on Ward and we did not move her out. Please help.

Mark Castillo
Highland 35th Ward
Membership Clerk
davesudweeks

Re: Member Record disappered

Post by davesudweeks »

You should be able to go to the members moved out report on LCR and see where her record went:
LCR | Reports | Members Moved Out
The new unit who has her record should be a link on the right side and if you click on it it will give you contact information. It is possible that ward pulled the wrong record by mistake.

You could just pull her record back into your ward, but by reaching out to the other ward's bishop you might prevent a tug-of-war with her record if they don't realize their error. When a ward pulls a membership record, the other ward receives no advance notice.
markec

Post by markec »

I checked under the Members Moved Out Report and she doesn't show up on the list. She is still in our Ward and did not request her records be moved to another Ward. It's like her record just disappeared.
markec

Post by markec »

I just talked to the help line and discovered her record was changed to 'deceased'. Most likely someone with a similar name passed away and her record was mistakenly changed. Should be fixed in the next day or so.

Thanks,
Mark
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

That sounds more odd. A sister in our ward passed away a couple of months ago and when I marked her as deceased, she showed on the moved out report (the move out location was listed as "Deceased").
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

There is something odd going on. I was actually working on tracking down some weird cases where members records were showing deceased in some ways but still showing in unit in other ways. When I saw this post I tracked down this case and it matched the problem records I've found. It was good to know that member is still living. That helps us figure out how the problem is occurring and what should happen.
ldflater

Post by ldflater »

During our recent membership audit we had a Ward who had 11 unrecorded baptisms. They do not have a record of them. Do you have information about these members.
I am the stake membership clerk in the Independence Mo stake (505994) This is the [redacted] Ward
Thank you, [redacted]

Moderator edit: redacted contact information and ward name.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ldflater wrote:During our recent membership audit we had a Ward who had 11 unrecorded baptisms.
From what I've seen from other threads, the membership audit seems to ask and series of question and then compare the answers to the membership records. Any discrepancies become exceptions. Which raises the question - Which is correct? The membership records or the person's memory?

It sounds like the baptisms did happen but where not recorded. If they were over the age of 8, that would be the responsibility of the mission. If they were 8 year-old child of record baptisms, then that's the ward clerks job.

In any case, I'll refer you to Handbook 1: 16.1.10 on what should be done if the baptism wasn't recorded.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marshallkl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by marshallkl »

jonesrk wrote:There is something odd going on. I was actually working on tracking down some weird cases where members records were showing deceased in some ways but still showing in unit in other ways. When I saw this post I tracked down this case and it matched the problem records I've found. It was good to know that member is still living. That helps us figure out how the problem is occurring and what should happen.
Mark,

Thanks for pointing this out, we've located the source of the issue and we'll get it taken care of.

--Kelly

Return to “Membership Help”