Vidiu firmware versions

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Vidiu firmware versions

Post by rannthal »

The firmware version effects the stats in that it shows that the receive rate is lower then what is actually being used. This doesn't effect the performance of the broadcast, it just shows the stats wrong.

The client browser issue is something else where there modern browsers: Firefox, Chrome, and Edge will sometimes have problems connecting properly.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I see that version 3.0.3 has just been released. Does this version resolve the stats/logs problem?
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by rannthal »

Unfortunately the new version does not fix the stats problem. But it is fine to use for broadcasting.

Other information about the new 3.0.3 version, after upgrading you may run into an issue where the UI for the VidiU won't load. It either just spins or brings up and error "Unable to load settings. You may have to reboot device". We have found that the best way to fix this is by unplugging the VidiU from the network and then manually rebooting the device, plugging it back into the network and refreshing the page. It may take a few refreshes of the VidiU UI page for it to come up, but keep trying if it doesn't work the first time.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Are there any concerns yet with version 3.0.7 which seems quite new? I always hate to be the first to try new things especially when stake conference is approaching this month, but we are still on 2-something and I am feeling the dust at the rear of the wagon train.

I believe the current advice is to use the latest firmware version.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:I believe the current advice is to use the latest firmware version.
Not if you read this section in the Help Centre dated 6 July 2018

https://www.lds.org/help/support/meetin ... e?lang=eng
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote:
lajackson wrote:I believe the current advice is to use the latest firmware version.
Not if you read this section in the Help Centre dated 6 July 2018
Good call. Based on posts here at the Forum, that Help Center page needs an update.
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by rannthal »

The latest version of the Teradek firmware is fine to use.

We discovered that Teradek changed the way they give us stats. This makes the stats page a little hard to read and understand what is exactly going on. We are currently in the process of making the stats page easier to read and use.

But in any case, the latest version of the VidiU firmware (3.0.7) is fine to use.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”