Youth Activities Planner entries in Ward Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Youth Activities Planner entries in Ward Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

ryansdaniel wrote:I have been trying to link the youth planning calendar from youth.lds.org to the ward calendar, but it won't link.
I'm not sure what you mean by "link". At best, you can push a single event to the calendar. I don't think any kind on ongoing connection is possible (at least, not at this time).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ryansdaniel

Post by ryansdaniel »

I mean link as in I cannot plan an event in the youth planner and have it appear on the ward calendar. The youth planning application is not communicating with the ward calendar to show the activities planned through the youth calendar at youth.lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ryansdaniel wrote:I mean link as in I cannot plan an event in the youth planner and have it appear on the ward calendar. The youth planning application is not communicating with the ward calendar to show the activities planned through the youth calendar at youth.lds.org.
Correct. It does not. Maybe someday that feature will be added.

There is a button for each activity on the youth calendar that can place that activity on the ward/stake calendar, so it saves you from manually entering it. See the screen shot attached to this post for an example of that button.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

ryansdaniel wrote:I mean link as in I cannot plan an event in the youth planner and have it appear on the ward calendar. The youth planning application is not communicating with the ward calendar to show the activities planned through the youth calendar at youth.lds.org.
Wow. I am amazed that the Church has created two completely independent calendaring systems with no interface between them.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

drepouille wrote: Wow. I am amazed that the Church has created two completely independent calendaring systems with no interface between them.
Hear, Hear!!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:There is a button for each activity on the youth calendar that can place that activity on the ward/stake calendar, so it saves you from manually entering it.
Which ward calendar? Does that magic button let you choose which calendar?

We have finally trained the parents of our youth to diligently watch the ward calendar. And none of the youth activities are getting there, because they have a calendar of their own.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

If you look further up this thread, I asked the same thing because if they put something n this Youth calendar, it doesn't give them a resource in the building and does not take the resource out f the calendaring system. I think folks will be very confused.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Which ward calendar? Does that magic button let you choose which calendar?
I've not used it, so I'm not sure. If you have edit access to more than one calendar, I assume it asks.

Return to “Calendar”