Password Reset on LDS.org

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Tasma

Password Reset on LDS.org

Post by Tasma »

I've reset my password a number of times over the past weekend. No matter what I do I cannot log into lds.org. The only app I can get into after my password reset is Family Search. I've deleted the following apps from my phone and iPad: LDS Tools, Gospel Library, LDS Media ... because I read somewhere that they were causing a problem after a password reset.

Any ideas?

P.S. I had to log in using my wife's logon just to post a new topic.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Password Reset on LDS.org

Post by lajackson »

Tasma wrote:Any ideas?
While FamilySearch usually gets the password change almost immediately, sometimes it take a few hours for other systems to recognize the new password. After three attempts before this moment, you are locked out of the account.

I would suggest that you wait at least 30 minutes after a few unsuccessful attempts before you try again. And as has been mentioned elsewhere, the Gospel Library app will continue to try and sign in with the old password without waiting and that also will cause the account to lock.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You shouldn't need to delete the apps – you can sign out of them under Settings, then sign back in with your new password.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Tasma

Post by Tasma »

Update: I still cannot log into LDS.org (or connect to Gospel Library or LDS Tools). I was able to connect to Family's schedule using the new password with no issues. I put in a request to get a call back and never recurved a call ... that was over 2 weeks ago. Perhaps I should request another call back.
gabrielaflores

Post by gabrielaflores »

The same is happening to my husband. We are Pathway missionaries and he is the leader, but we cannot do any set ups for our group site because he is can't login. He has gone through the process of filling out a survey so the Support department gets in contact with him but nothing yet. My husband is a tech person so he has been trying all ways to unlock his account but is has been impossible. The only app he can access is FamilySearch. Any help?
kendonfuller

Post by kendonfuller »

I'm also having the same problem. I've cleared my browsing history and signed out of Gospel Library and LDS Tools. I can get into Family Search with my new password. There seems to be a glitch in the system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tasma

Post by Tasma »

Update: I still can't log into lds.org or connect Gospel Library or LDS Tools to my account. FamilySearch.org works fine with my updated password. I requested help again today. It's been over 2 months now ... hopefully someone will contact me.

Return to “Church Account”