Cannot see my ministering assignment or see who my minster is on LDS Tools - iOS

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
martyriker

Re: Cannot see my ministering assignment or see who my minster is on LDS Tools

Post by martyriker »

Maybe a better question is where, exactly, are these assignments supposed to be show? Can anyone describe the path to the data? The release notes only say they are enabled, not how to find them.

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

martyriker wrote:Maybe a better question is where, exactly, are these assignments supposed to be show?
In Android, they show up when you pull up your own information from the directory. At the Household level, the labels are "Household, Callings and Classes, Ministering," If you go to the individual, it's "Contact, Household, Membership Information, Callings and Classes, Ministering".

At the household level, you can see "Minist" - the start of Ministering. You have to scroll sideways to see the whole word (and the information). At the individual level, you have to scroll sideways to know it's there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

Thanks. Found it in Android. No luck in iOS.
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

iOS details. My wife's iPhone 6S+and my iPad2 have the same version of lds tools, 3.5.0, 6297

She last synced Aug 5th. I did today. She shows ministering section below the household. My ipad2 doesn't.

Looks like a bug? Should she sync to see if it goes away?
jajbasab

Post by jajbasab »

My wife can’t see her own assignments as well and clearly this is an IOS bug in relationship to LDS Tools app. Cmon LDS Tools, lets get this fixed!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jajbasab wrote:clearly this is an IOS bug in relationship to LDS Tools app.
Perhaps. I believe I read in another similar topic that they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot see my ministering assignment or see who my minster is on LDS Tools - iOS

Post by russellhltn »

jajbasab wrote:Cmon LDS Tools, lets get this fixed!
It was only released a little over a week ago. The church doesn't work at "internet speed".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SteveLizOsborn

Re: Cannot see my ministering assignment or see who my minster is on LDS Tools - iOS

Post by SteveLizOsborn »

I'm having the same problem with iOS too... the ministering assignments were there, then I updated yesterday, and now they're not.

And to Kurt, not all of us attend the same ward as our RS/EQPs... so no, they can't just tell us personally. The only way to know who our assignments and our ministering brothers/sisters are is to look at the app. Otherwise, zero communication here.

(And lest you think it weird... our church callings take us out of our home wards 100% of the time.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SteveLizOsborn wrote:And to Kurt, not all of us attend the same ward as our RS/EQPs... so no, they can't just tell us personally. The only way to know who our assignments and our ministering brothers/sisters are is to look at the app. Otherwise, zero communication here.
A central concept of Ministering is for RS/EQP to interview all the Ministers. So, communication is required.

ldsmdw45

Post by ldsmdw45 »

Me too.

My workaround was to email my Elders' Quorum President and ask him to email me the latest info. :-) Hooray for human beings.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”