New ministering software

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
denning1

New ministering software

Post by denning1 »

It has been my understanding that the secretary does not do ministering interviews but I'm curious as to why, in the new software to record ministering interviews, my secretary is showing up as a member of the presidency that I can assign a district to.
jmcaferty

Re: New ministering software

Post by jmcaferty »

I also have that question.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Handbook 2: 7.3.3 lists the duties of the secretary in the Elders Quorum.
lvtough

Post by lvtough »

I am trying to find the answer as well. I appreciate the handbook reference, however the handbook hasn’t been updated since the new changes in ministering, that I’m aware of. I’m a Relief Society president, so my question would be for my secretary. I know many Relief Society Presidents in our stake have latched on to e-mails, phone calls and texts as their first source for the quarterly nterviews, rather than first attempting to have a face to face interview. I interpret the information that we’ve been given to say that we should attempt to have a personal interview with each companionship at least quarterly and then in between those interviews you can utilize additional tools like phone, text, and emails for additional communication.

The option to select the secretary as the “presidency member” over a district gave me hope my secretary can indeed be assigned a district to interview. I would rather utilize her to help do personal (face to face) interviews than relying on emails and texts.

Either way, I am sure there was a purpose in mind when the secretary was included as a presidency member on the drop down list. If it was not for the purpose of being over a district and interviews I wish we could get some clarification.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This is a puzzle. In Ministering resources, it says:
Who conducts ministering interviews?
Each member of elders quorum and Relief Society presidencies conducts ministering interviews. Even in a large ward, leaders will find that interviews are manageable when a few are held each week by each presidency member.
Handbook 9.2.2 says:
The Relief Society presidency consists of a president and two counselors.
Which seems out of sync with placing districts under the secretary (unless this are "non-reporting" districts :D).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lvtough

Post by lvtough »

Are there any training tools/instructions for the new reporting software? I was thinking that might help us understand the intention?

I’m also curious about “non-reporting districts”, what would that be?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lvtough wrote:I’m also curious about “non-reporting districts”, what would that be?
A joke.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”