All my information is correct and I still can't get into my account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: All my information is correct and I still can't get into my account

Post by scgallafent »

gsgiauque wrote:2. I am ***not*** able to get into either familysearch or lds.org from my android cell phone.
Out of curiousity, which version of Android is your device running? If you work your way into the settings menu and go to System > About Phone, it should have information on the Android version. Which browser are you using on your phone?

As russellhltn pointed out, the web site doesn't care what kind of device you are using. There is something about the connection from your phone to the web site that is causing the issue. We just need to figure out what that is.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

You could also ask someone else to try to log in to their account on your device (someone who knows they can log in on their own Android device would be best). You could also try using a different browser (one like Firefox that is a completely different application--some 'alternative' browsers on Android are really just the Chrome engine with a different interface). Both would help isolate what could be going wrong.
gsgiauque

Post by gsgiauque »

Out of curiousity, which version of Android is your device running? If you work your way into the settings menu and go to System > About Phone, it should have information on the Android version.
Following your instructions: I discovered that the Android version is 7.0

Which browser are you using on your phone? Chrome, I suppose. At least the Chrome icon is what I see on the bottom row of icons, right next to the "phone" icon.
I never ever use any other "browser," i.e., Firefox, Internet Explorer, or anything else (can't remember other names).

As russellhltn pointed out, the web site doesn't care what kind of device you are using.
Frankly, this is what is so baffling to me. Of course the 2 web sites, lds.org and familysearch.org don't care what kind of device I use.
I understand that. . .or at least I thought I did when I began all this. Nevertheless, the fact remains: everything works on the computer. But on the android,
lds.org and F/S. are ****not**** accessible to me.

There is something about the connection from your phone to the web site that is causing the issue.
I would agree.

We just need to figure out what that is.
That is the reason I am still trying to get help.
zilafive@gmail.com

Post by zilafive@gmail.com »

Strange I can use log in to get onto forum but can’t log in to family search
Bouhunter

Post by Bouhunter »

My user name and password work to get on my account from lds.org but it no longer let's me log on or sync LD S Tools.could you please check my settings on your server.

Thank you,
Lee Nash
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Bouhunter wrote:My user name and password work to get on my account from lds.org but it no longer let's me log on or sync LD S Tools.could you please check my settings on your server.

Thank you,
Lee Nash
To prevent misunderstanding, this is a user-to-user forum. It is not an official help request channel. Please check this post for pointers to official help request channels: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30383
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Bouhunter wrote:My user name and password work to get on my account from lds.org but it no longer let's me log on or sync LD S Tools.
Currently, you're not showing up as a member. If there is no MRN attached to your account, you can't log into LDS Tools. Make sure you don't have another account that has your MRN.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
Bouhunter wrote:My user name and password work to get on my account from lds.org but it no longer let's me log on or sync LD S Tools.
Currently, you're not showing up as a member. If there is no MRN attached to your account, you can't log into LDS Tools. Make sure you don't have another account that has your MRN.
From what I can see his account has a MRN attached to it. I'm not looking in the same place as you so I'm not sure if there is something that is messed up that still shows the account as not a member, but I don't see it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:From what I can see his account has a MRN attached to it. I'm not looking in the same place as you so I'm not sure if there is something that is messed up that still shows the account as not a member, but I don't see it.
There's some kind of bug with the forum's LDS Account sync where the membership status can take some time to come over. I thought he joined early enough for the overnight sync to kick in. Maybe not. I'll have to see what it looks like tomorrow.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danielepotter

Post by danielepotter »

russellhltn wrote:Log into what? Clearly, you've been able to log into here.

At the moment, you're not showing up as a member. That just may be a slow sync with the forum software, or it may mean you don't have a MRN connected with the account. The latter will prevent you from logging into a few things.

Go to ldsaccount.lds.org and see if you're set up as a member.
It says my membership is already in but I still can't access anything. The site is extremely unfriendly.

Return to “Church Account”