New Lenovo m710q Clerk Computer Provisioning Quirks

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
ulupoi

Re: New Lenovo m710q Clerk Computer Provisioning Quirks

Post by ulupoi »

Thanks for the link. That was one of the websites that I looked at when I spent several hours trying to get this old LaserJet 1200 to work on Windows 10 machines after the latest updates. However, I didn't try it since the people who replied to the original suggestion (running the setup file in compatibility mode) said that it didn't work.

Yeah, it's an ancient printer. I figured I had wasted enough time on it. After all, who knows when the next update will render it useless? We have two of them in the stake. One has been the printer for an ancient, under-powered computer that the stake presidency uses in one of their satellite offices. I've got Linux Mint 10 XFCE running on that computer since it doesn't have a valid COA for a supported operating system and because Windows 7-10 would run slow as molasses on that thing, anyway. The other was on a ward computer, but I guess it will now be a backup for the Linux computer. We had an old LaserJet 2015d in storage, so we replaced it with that. Windows recognizes the 2015d and installs it automatically. The 2015d's double-sided handling is broken, but the 1200 only printed single-sided, anyway, so it's not a step down. :)
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

ulupoi wrote:One of the GSC people who helped me last month said that there is an option for starting the whole thing from scratch. They send you over to a Microsoft site to reinstall Windows, and you get the provisioning software from them, or something like that. That might be your best bet for that one computer that is currently in the hands of your FM Group. I'll send my notes to you in a minute.
For those whose calling allows them to see this page, the details for re-imaging the computer and re-provisioning with the needed church image are on the MHTech.lds.org site under the Computers section = https://www.lds.org/help/support/local- ... s?lang=eng
ulupoi

Post by ulupoi »

Thanks for the link!
jamiep39

Post by jamiep39 »

ulupoi wrote:One of the GSC people who helped me last month said that there is an option for starting the whole thing from scratch. They send you over to a Microsoft site to reinstall Windows, and you get the provisioning software from them, or something like that. That might be your best bet for that one computer that is currently in the hands of your FM Group. I'll send my notes to you in a minute.
I accidentally chose the wrong organization when provisioning an Institute secretary machine. They had to mail us a thumb drive to reimage it. It was a simple process but annoying that one misclick meant redoing everything.
ulupoi

Post by ulupoi »

jamiep39 wrote:
I accidentally chose the wrong organization when provisioning an Institute secretary machine. They had to mail us a thumb drive to reimage it. It was a simple process but annoying that one misclick meant redoing everything.
This is very important information. Thank you very much for posting it.

Return to “Clerk Computers”