Donations.lds.org from overseas

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
rferrell

Donations.lds.org from overseas

Post by rferrell »

I currently work in Athens Greece and attend the English branch here. I bank in the USA and am paid in dollars, so I really want to pay tithing online out of my American bank, but the system will not let me since my membership records are in Greece. It is really not possible for me to pay in Euros. What can I do to pay tithing? Any help would be appreciated.
kartchnerja

Re: Donations.lds.org from overseas

Post by kartchnerja »

I have the same question after having moved to Australia. The odd thing is most American families in the ward are able to make donations online, while just a few aren't. All families in question have their membership records transferred to the same ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you are still using a US bank to pay your tithing, you can email donations@ldschurch.org and get an exception.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gkdyer

Post by gkdyer »

I have a concern about Canada Tax Receipts that in the past have been generated by local wards in Canada. My membership records are now in the USA, but I still work in Canada and pay donations in Canadian dollars through my former ward in canada. WIth the new amazing financial system I notice that I can print my donation history. It looks like I can even generate a tax receipt on line.

However I am very worried that the tax receipt generated will not have the SPECIALIZED numbers and Notations required and specifically authorized by the CANADA Revenue Agency. The Church in Canada has made special arrangements to produce these in the past. Will this work correctly, if I print it in the USA. It is my understanding that "reprints" are not allowed and must be signed by an agent recognized by Canada Revenue.

The agent recognized and authorized by revenue Canada is the CANADIAN Bishopric not the USA Bishopric. These names are officially registered in Canada. As a former member of the bishopric I actually looked up my name on the official registry when I lived in Canada on the Canada Revenue Registry.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gkdyer wrote:It looks like I can even generate a tax receipt on line.
A US tax receipt, yes. But I don't think it's open to Canadians yet. So I doubt if it will print a Canadian tax receipt. I suggest you work with your former ward to get a correct receipt.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

gkdyer wrote:I have a concern about Canada Tax Receipts that in the past have been generated by local wards in Canada. My membership records are now in the USA, but I still work in Canada and pay donations in Canadian dollars through my former ward in canada. WIth the new amazing financial system I notice that I can print my donation history. It looks like I can even generate a tax receipt on line.

However I am very worried that the tax receipt generated will not have the SPECIALIZED numbers and Notations required and specifically authorized by the CANADA Revenue Agency. The Church in Canada has made special arrangements to produce these in the past. Will this work correctly, if I print it in the USA. It is my understanding that "reprints" are not allowed and must be signed by an agent recognized by Canada Revenue.
Given your situation, you probably need to have your ward clerk contact the Global Service Center to find out how to get the appropriate tax receipt. It isn't a problem your ward clerk will be able to solve on his own.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This is a good example of why LDS.org Donations are only available in the USA for now. Once you branch out to more countries, there're a lot of country-specific systems and regulations you have to worry about!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
JohnDavidEdwards

Post by JohnDavidEdwards »

i am currently overseas in the UK and was trying to pay my tithing online to catch up to where i should be but the web site blocks it. We should be relocating back to the US soon but didn't want the deficiency to go on much longer. Any way i can take care of online now?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

JohnDavidEdwards wrote:i am currently overseas in the UK and was trying to pay my tithing online to catch up to where i should be but the web site blocks it. We should be relocating back to the US soon but didn't want the deficiency to go on much longer. Any way i can take care of online now?
Please see the 3rd post in this thread for instructions.
subasant

Post by subasant »

The email account listed in an earlier thread is outdated. I received this following message from the donations@ldschurch.org account. They did not forward nor offer to forward my request to the correct department.
You need to email onlinedonationsupport@ldschurch.org for help with this matter.

Return to “Online Donations”