No longer can link a General Conference talk paragraph to a scripture verse

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
dgunnlds

No longer can link a General Conference talk paragraph to a scripture verse

Post by dgunnlds »

In previous versions of the Gospel Library I could create a link between a paragraph of a talk of General Conference and a verse of scripture. From the scripture I could click Link and it would allow me to start at the Library and navigate to General Conference talk where I could select one or more paragraphs to link to the scripture verse.

However, I cannot do that in the current version. If I click Link there is no way to access that Conference talk - not by navigating, not by searching. Am I missing something, or is this no longer possible?

Gospel Library Version: 4.2.3.2
Phone: Android (S4)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: No longer can link a General Conference talk paragraph to a scripture verse

Post by sbradshaw »

Here are some instructions for Android Gospel Library (which is different from iOS) that might help:
1. Select some text in the scripture.
2. Tap "Link" in the text selection / annotation menu.
3. Start typing the name of the conference "book" – for example, "October 2017" is the name of the most recent general conference.*
4. When the October 2017 General Conference comes up in the list below the search box, tap on it.
5. Tap on the specific talk you're looking for.
6. Tap on the paragraph(s) you want to link to.
7. Tap the checkmark to save the link.
8. Tap the checkmark again to exit the links screen.
9. Tap off of the highlight to save.

*This is the part that trips most people up – it's not intuitive that you can't just type "general conference." You also can't type the name of the talk, the name of the speaker, or the exact words you're trying to link to.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

sbradshaw wrote:*This is the part that trips most people up – it's not intuitive that you can't just type "general conference." You also can't type the name of the talk, the name of the speaker, or the exact words you're trying to link to.
Still not a fan of the change in linking. It is so burdensome I've quit creating links in GLA.
dogdenn

Post by dogdenn »

I had the exact issue. There should also be an option to browse the library so in case I don't have the decoder ring I can always get there.
pittstopp

Post by pittstopp »

sbradshaw wrote:Here are some instructions for Android Gospel Library (which is different from iOS) that might help:
1. Select some text in the scripture.
2. Tap "Link" in the text selection / annotation menu.
3. Start typing the name of the conference "book" – for example, "October 2017" is the name of the most recent general conference.*
4. When the October 2017 General Conference comes up in the list below the search box, tap on it.
5. Tap on the specific talk you're looking for.
6. Tap on the paragraph(s) you want to link to.
7. Tap the checkmark to save the link.
8. Tap the checkmark again to exit the links screen.
9. Tap off of the highlight to save.

*This is the part that trips most people up – it's not intuitive that you can't just type "general conference." You also can't type the name of the talk, the name of the speaker, or the exact words you're trying to link to.
Thank you so much for this information!! I have been trying to work this out for a while now. I am so grateful ! :)

Return to “Android Gospel Library”