Tithing Payment History

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
jhampton2169

Tithing Payment History

Post by jhampton2169 »

Online the tithing payment history goes back ten years. We own multiple businesses going back 12 years and our tithing situation is somewhat complicated. I'm doing a self audit of all my tithing payments and reconciling it to our income over the last 12 years. Is there a number I can call or an email address where I can obtain tithing payment history made 10-12 years ago?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Tithing Payment History

Post by lajackson »

jhampton2169 wrote:Is there a number I can call or an email address where I can obtain tithing payment history made 10-12 years ago?
Email donations@ldschurch.org and ask for a Contribution Information Request form. Fill it out and mail it back to the address on the form.

The form I have is quite old. They may take requests in a different way today. When you email, let them know what you are trying to do and I think they will provide updated instructions if the form is no longer being used.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Personally, I'd be surprised if the church had records longer than legally required as they can become as liability.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Personally, I'd be surprised if the church had records longer than legally required as they can become as liability.
As everyone who looks is aware, up to 10 years of donation information is available online. As far as I know, the Church does not keep detailed donation information older than that.

But the Church does keep the annual tithing reports for a very long time, and that is where they get information older than 10 years. The annual tithing report lists total tithing and total donations for each member each year. And those are the two numbers you get when you request tithing information from long, long ago.

And there is evidence that In 2000 the church had records back at least 20 years.
hanksbsmokey

Post by hanksbsmokey »

I would like my donation history back further than 10 years. Can the Church Systems provide this for me?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

hanksbsmokey wrote:I would like my donation history back further than 10 years. Can the Church Systems provide this for me?
Probably. Go back in this thread to the second post and you should see a method to determine if it is possible.

Return to “Online Donations”