All my information is correct and I still can't get into my account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: All my information is correct and I still can't get into my account

Post by jdlessley »

bjwilcoxson wrote:Anyone out there in tech?
No, there is not. The forum is user to to user support. We may occasionally get lucky when an ICS employee working in the area discussed stumbles across issues in their area of expertise. The only help we can provide is if someone else has experienced the same problem and found a solution or was able to get help from the right people and responds to these posts.

From your user profile it looks like you have a member LDS account. So that is not the issue. I just checked the store and had no problems. There may be temporary outages. My recommendation is to try again. Post back if you still cannot get in.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I have found when I am logged in to lds.org and click on the link to the store, I am NOT automatically logged in to the store (at least when using the Chrome browser).

This could be a reason you are having trouble trying to order items that are reserved for church members only. You should make sure you are logged in to the store (see upper right corner of the page). One other thing you might try is to clear your browser history and cookies, then log in to the store again.

Clearing browser history and cookies worked for me when I had a problem with the store recently (different than yours), which was recommended when I submitted feedback of my problem from bottom of the store page. Feedback is the only way to get information to someone who can do something about it. As was noted above, posting on this forum may or may not result in someone having experience who can help you.
gsgiauque

Post by gsgiauque »

This is weird. I can log in onto http://www.lds.org with no difficulty at all on my computer. My user name and password are accepted with no problem.
But i try to do exactly the same thing on my android mobile. . . no luck. "Error." Same user name. . . same password.

Who can help?

Is there any office at LDS Church that will answer a question like this? What is their phone number? Or email address?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gsgiauque wrote:But i try to do exactly the same thing on my android mobile. . . no luck. "Error." Same user name. . . same password.
Does your password include puctuation? Whatever you're using on your phone may not be encoding it correctly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gsgiauque

Post by gsgiauque »

No. No punctuation. Just capital letters, lower case letters, symbols and numbers. Only those. No periods, commas, question marks, exclamation points or quotes. Nothing.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

gsgiauque wrote:No. No punctuation. Just capital letters, lower case letters, symbols and numbers. Only those. No periods, commas, question marks, exclamation points or quotes. Nothing.
In this context, "punctuation" is also referring to symbols.

It is likely that one of the symbols in your password is causing Android to insert a space after you enter the symbol. I ran into that with a password at one point.

The next time you enter your password on Android, count the number of bullets in the password and see if it is the same as the number of characters in your password.
gsgiauque

Post by gsgiauque »

The symbol I use is @ . It works on when I log in to my computer. BTW, I do not use my gmail account as my user name,

You said:
"The next time you enter your password on Android, count the number of bullets in the password and see if it is the same as the number of characters in your password."

I did. It is the same number of characters.

I still need help. I really really really do not want to create a different password! The password works on my computer. On an android mobile it should work too.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I have had a password in the past with an @ symbol in it and haven't had problems with either LDS Tools or Gospel Library. Changing my password isn't a trivial operation, so I can't test whether there are any issues now. Perhaps someone with an @ in their password will chime in whether it works.

Is this an issue with LDS.org in a mobile browser, Gospel Library, LDS Tools, or some combination of these?

I would troubleshoot data entry possibilities and see whether Android is helpfully converting a letter to uppercase or something similar. You could try copy-and-pasting your password to verify that the text is correct. Having been bitten once by Android auto-"correcting" a password, I still think that is the most likely scenario.
gsgiauque

Post by gsgiauque »

Thank you for your very kind comments.

Let me try to address each comment/sentence:
First, I am ***not*** trying to access LDS Tools or Gospel Library.

2 things to keep in mind (these are capital!):
1. I can get into ***both*** www.familysearch.org and www.lds.org (using my username and password) with ***no problem*** whatsoever, ***on my computer.***
2. I am ***not*** able to get into either familysearch or lds.org from my android cell phone. But that is what I am trying to accomplish!!! I want to be able to look at my ward directory from my android, and maybe show something on familysearch to a friend.

On the cellphone, I am able to touch a "button" located to the right of the password which I enter. I ***can then read*** the password. The password ***is correct,*** and it is the ***same password*** that I use on my computer to access the sites mentioned above.
But on the android, both apps, i.e., familysearch and lds.org, say that the username or password is incorrect.

How is that possible, if they appear as correct (and allow me into those sites). . . on my computer?
My account should be the same on both my computer and my android!!!

Android does ***not*** appear to be converting a letter to uppercase or something similar.

I don't need to copy and past the password to verify that the text is correct, because I can see that it is correct when I touch the "button" located to the right of the password. (The button looks like a bolded oval, with a line running diagonally from upper left to lower right. When I tap it, I see the password! ) (Besides, I don't even know how to copy and paste on the android, only on the computer.)

Of course I can see the username on the android, which I guarantee, is correct. But the error message I receive every time is "Sign in failed. The username or password is incorrect."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you're going to the same websites, then it must be something about the way the browser in android is processing that character. The website itself isn't going to care what kind of computer you're using.

As far as I can tell, the at sign isn't a reserved or "unsafe" character. (But then I'm way behind the curve in web technologies.) So, I'm not sure why it would be treating it differently.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”