Stopped working on Kindle Fire

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
lcheesman

Stopped working on Kindle Fire

Post by lcheesman »

My LDS- Tools has stopped working on my Kindle Fire. The blue screen with the temple image comes up and then after a few seconds goes back to my desktop of the Fire. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times and it does the same thing. Should no delete from device and the cloud? How do I completely delete all files and reinstall?
richardolivenevans

Re: Stopped working on Kindle Fire

Post by richardolivenevans »

I'm having the same exact problem. How do we did it?
bryeld

Post by bryeld »

Okay, I am also having the same exact problem, I have used lds tools for a few years now, and about two weeks ago it just quit working. I have uninstalled and re-installed numerous times. After entering my username and password and then creating a 4 digit code and confirming it, and thinking I am done. When I go to open again I get the chapel icon, for a few seconds and then the screen just goes back to my home page or some other random page that I have been on recently.
eljoya

Post by eljoya »

Just wanting to keep this topic alive. Anyone found out any news or a solution?

I have the same problem. A few weeks ago LDS Tools just stopped working on my Kindle Fire. I think I ran a regular data sync, then it would no longer work. As the others said, it opens to the chapel image, then just turns off and returns to the Kindle home screen. I have a little older Fire table, the Kindle Fire HDX. I use my tablet regularly at church and I'd hate to lose access to LDS Tools. Gospel Library still works fine.
larsenwp

Post by larsenwp »

I have had the same issue. After attempting a sync a couple weeks ago on my older Kindle Fire, the app stopped. After numerous deletions of the app and downloading from the Amazon Store, I'm still having issues. It asks for sign-in information and then attempts to sync. As it nears completion, I get the error message saying LDS Tools has stopped.

I was able to sign in with my wife's account and it comes up ok. The only issue there is that whenever I click on our name in the directory, the app stops. There is no issue looking at others in the ward. But it stops whenever I attempt to bring up my own name.

Could these two issues be related? This is very frustrating!
abpulsipher

Post by abpulsipher »

I have been using LDS Tools for some time on my kindles and in the last two weeks it fails to open. I have reloaded the app from the Amazon Store several times and it still does not work. When I tap on the app after downloading it has me sign in, goes through a sync, and then flashes the logo and goes blank. I have worked with Amazon help and their apps group and they were unable to help. They indicated that there has not been a maintenance update for the Kindle version of LDS Tools since August 2016. They provided the LDS Tools links for me to reach support.

I have two generation 3 Kindles and one generation 7; and none of them work with LDS Tools after having total success prior to about 2 weeks ago. The generation 3 Kindle is running Fire OS 4.5.5.2 which was installed October 8, 2017. The generation 7 Kindle is running Fire OS 5.4.0.1 which was updated September 5, 2017. I am anxious to get back to using the app., and your earliest response will be appreciated.

P.S. I originally sent this email to the email address from the support web site [lds-tools-android-group@ldsmail.net], but it is an invalid email address.
rtpaxton

Post by rtpaxton »

I have had the same issue starting about 2-3 weeks ago after using LDS Tools for a couple of years. I received a pop-up message that I needed to synch the device. After synching the app would not work. I removed the app from the device and reinstalled a couple of times. Each time the app seemed to install and then asked me to create a 4 digit privacy code. But whenever I tired to use the app the chapel icon would appear for a few seconds and then the screen would return to my Kindle homepage. So I removed the app from the cloud and reinstalled a couple of times. In each case the result was the same - the app seemed to load but would never open after flashing the chapel icon. I have a Kindle Fire HD 3rd Generation running Fire OS 4.5.5.2 installed sep 9, 2016 with no updates waiting.
roberthegstrom

Post by roberthegstrom »

Yep, same issue for me. It installs, sync's, asks me to create a pin, and then nothing. It goes back to the home screen. I have uninstalled, reinstalled - I have even deleted all information from my Kindle generation 7 and reset to factory defaults about 10 times trying to find something that works - so far nothing. This started about a month ago for me. Other than this one issue, my Kindle works great and I really like this device. Has anyone found a solution?
roberthegstrom

Post by roberthegstrom »

So GREAT News - yesterday I received a notification to install the latest download from lds tools (version 3.2.1), I did, and now, it works again.
Hopefully it holds and hopefully it will work for all of you...
CoolClay

Post by CoolClay »

Latest download doesn't work for me.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”