Drill down reports to individual names

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
rmorrison99

Drill down reports to individual names

Post by rmorrison99 »

Many reports (ie: Quarterly Reports, Family History Activity Report, Unit Statistics Report, and the Missionary Progress Record Key Indicators) show the total number of individuals for a given report. What is missing is the ability to drill into that total number to get specific names which make up the total. So for instance, on the quarterly report under “Converts age 12 and older who have submitted ancestor names for temple ordinance” it shows both an actual and potential number. It would be helpful to drill down to the specific names which make up those actual and potential numbers so I could determine which convert needs help submitting ancestor names to the temple. The same problem exist in the Family History Activity Report under the “Converts” column, as well as in the Unit Statistics report like “Members of Record Age 9 or Older”. A number exists but I have no idea who these members are. Within the Missionary Progress Record under the tab “Key Indicators” it list actual and goal. There is no hint to tell a user how a goal is established, how the actual column gets populated, but more particularly, who the actual individual names are. The church wants us to pray for and help the “ONE” but if you don’t have reports to show who these individuals are, the reports are rather useless in many ways for growing the kingdom of god. At best they are only reports of “What has been done” and not “What could still be done”. This would be a great fix to implement for leaders wanting to help individuals.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Drill down reports to individual names

Post by scgallafent »

You can drill down in many reports to get detail. I know that both the quarterly report and unit statistics reports have the ability to drill down and just verified they are working correctly.

The exception is family history reports. The requirements for those are such that detail (names) are not provided for those reports. That was an intentional decision. I was not in the meetings that made those decisions, so I do not know why that decision was made.
rmorrison99

Post by rmorrison99 »

As a high counselor in the stake overseeing missionary work, I cannot access individual names on my ipad nor on a pc. On both devices I can click on the individual report name within Quarterly Reports but it only pulls up a description of that specific report. Who has permissions to drill down on the totals posted to the individual names (which callings?), and who sets those permissions? To help train Ward Mission Leaders I would think that at minimum I would have that permission as as a high counselor over missionary work, as well as the ward mission leader.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rmorrison99 wrote:who sets those permissions?
Church Headquarters determine what callings have the rights. It's all based on the calling.

rmorrison99 wrote:To help train Ward Mission Leaders I would think that at minimum I would have that permission as as a high counselor over missionary work, as well as the ward mission leader.
From the LCR FAQs:
Why do stake and auxiliary leaders and high councilors have only limited access to LCR?
Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmorrison99

Post by rmorrison99 »

The handbook of instructions asks that I assist with training but I have no problem letting the ward clerk train. So please confirm if the ward mission leader has assess to drill down within these aforementioned reports to obtain individual names within those reports. That would be helpful. Thank you!
rmorrison99

Post by rmorrison99 »

If you could also let me know which ward auxiliary and Preiesthood leaders have the ability to drill down to individual names within the report that would be helpful to know for training purposes. I’m assuming all leaders which attend a Ward Council would have this ability. Please confirm.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rmorrison99 wrote:I’m assuming all leaders which attend a Ward Council would have this ability.
Yes, they should.
rmorrison99

Post by rmorrison99 »

It would be great to have a chart available for all members with callings showing each report available to view as well as the level of detail which could be obtained from each report. This was a frustrating experience for me to know how to help ward members in my calling without knowing who has what information available to them to assist them with their calling. Maybe this permission matrix could be added to the “Leader and Clerk Resources” section under “Reports”.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rmorrison99 wrote:It would be great to have a chart available for all members with callings showing each report available to view as well as the level of detail which could be obtained from each report.
The first half of that already exists. It's called the LCR Access Table. It can be found in LCR. (I don't have access, so I can't give the details.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rmorrison99 wrote:It would be great to have a chart available for all members with callings showing each report available to view as well as the level of detail which could be obtained from each report.
The second half is a little more difficult, because even though two individuals will have access to the same report, they will receive different parts of the report based on the access they are allowed according to their calling. In other words, two people can look at the same report and see different things.

As an example, on one report one will see details including priesthood office held. Another will see whether or not a man has been ordained, but not his priesthood office. A third will not see any of the priesthood information at all, but will see other information on the report. It's a little too complicated to put on an access table, even though the table says they all three will be able to see the report.

Return to “Reports and Forms”