Gospel Library is not working

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

kirenmc

Gospel Library is not working

Post by kirenmc »

My Gospel Library app stopped working on my Windows 10 phone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times, without any success. It will download the catalog and ask for my choice of settings, then ask if I want to download a few common books to get started. It doesn't matter if I push "yes" or "no", either choice will cause the app to crash. I've tried the beta version as well, with no success. Any advice how to fix this?
Pringles1

Re: Gospel Library is not working

Post by Pringles1 »

I'm using a Nokia 950. Just uninstalled and reinstalled Gospel library and works as expected. What does the error say when you try to get past the common books page?
kirenmc

Post by kirenmc »

I don't get an error message, it just crashes and goes back to my Start page. I have a Nokia Lumia 830.
Pringles1

Post by Pringles1 »

Dang, have you tried doing a soft reset on your phone? I believe you just hold the volume down and power button on your phone. Also what is your OS version?
kirenmc

Post by kirenmc »

The OS Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile, version 1607. I've soft reset several times with no change.
carsonm

Re: Gospel Library is not working- Win 10 Mobile

Post by carsonm »

I am trying to help the volunteer development team to see if we can determine what is causing to this to happen. I have 2 Lumia 735 models(running Version 1607) and 1 -L640 (running a later version of Win10m on it ) I am saving Gospel Library and GLB to the SD card and so far it seems that ever since moving from 4.1.x to 4.2.x on either GL and GLB (for the Win10 Mobile devices only (working on other form factors ) is when this seem to happen, or so goes my theory so far. I am trying to see if we determine what is different between where it working and not working first, so we can narrow it down. For me, it seemed to stop working on both, since moving to 4.2, but not sure.

Does anyone have version 4.2.x of GL and/or GLB working on a Win10 Mobile device? If you do, what is your 1) phone model, 2)Version of Win10 Mobile 3) Are you saving these Apps to a SD card or to the main storage area on the phone? If you like, you can PM me that info.
Pringles1

Post by Pringles1 »

Nokia 950, version 1709, OS 10.0.15254, stored internally, working on beta and production versions.
carsonm

Re: Gospel Library is not working- Windows 10 mobile

Post by carsonm »

Quick update, I have reached out to the development team to learn a few things to try to help troubleshoot this further. My updated theory is that it should be working on these phone models below, if they are running version Win 10 mobile version 1703 or newer/higher, like version 1709. Let me know if you have one of these models below and it is not working for you, and I have a few follow up questions to determine the issue.

For those of you with a phone model not on the list, it may not be so good, but still checking on it. If this is the case regarding Win 10 version, it affects my Lumia 735, my daily driver (not on the list below) (not currently working with GL v 4.2.x) , but not my test Lumia 640 (running version 1709, where it is it currently working.

Still in the theory testing/troubleshooting phase, so more details to come.

Alcatel IDOL 4S
Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL
HP Elite x3
Lenovo Softbank 503LV
MCJ Madosma Q601
Microsoft Lumia 550
Microsoft Lumia 640/640XL
Microsoft Lumia 650
Microsoft Lumia 950/950 XL
Trinity NuAns Neo
VAIO VPB051
Wylie_Coyote

Post by Wylie_Coyote »

Same problem with my Lumia 830 running Windows 10 version 1607. It is fully updated. The LDS app starts and gets to "Initializing application for first use" and then shutsdown back to my main screen.
SLindseyK

Post by SLindseyK »

Mine quit working as well. The same as others that posted...I don't get an error message, it just crashes and goes back to my Start page. I have a Lumia 735, running Windows OS build 10.0.14393.2363. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It will ask me to select my language, theme, and color, prompt me to download a few common books (I select NO here), which it then goes to the screen for "Initializing application"...spins for a minute, then shuts down/quits.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”