Adding a marriage record?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kopiopia

Adding a marriage record?

Post by kopiopia »

We have a young lady that is a member however her new husband is not. They live in Utah however went to Idaho and had a civil marriage with a Justice of the piece. I managed to get the marriage date and went into MLS via the internet and added a marriage. I thought this would change the young ladies last name however a day latter in our Ward Directory list her last name is the same as her madden name. It did not change to her new married last name. It shows her new husbands name. What can I do to get her last name to change?

Greg W
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adding a marriage record?

Post by russellhltn »

There are three places where the name is recorded: Full (legal) name, Preferred name , and Household name.

The last one is the one that trips up people the most. It's part of the household record and controls what name the household shows up as.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

You can edit the name in LCR by finding her profile and clicking the pencil icon to the right of the information on the Individual tab. You can edit the household name by going to the Household tab and clicking the Edit Household Name toward the bottom of the page.
kopiopia

Post by kopiopia »

That worked wonderfully, Thanks a Bunch!

Return to “Membership Help”