Simplify sign in on mobile device

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
benrohrer

Simplify sign in on mobile device

Post by benrohrer »

One thing that I have noticed over the past few years when I try to login using my iPhone is in the User ID box it automatically has the shift on so that the first letter I type is a capital letter. With most user name is not having a capital letter as the first letter it would be helpful to not have the shift come on automatically at the beginning of that login. I’d be interested to know if there was something that I could do on my end to not have that shift come on at the beginning of the login.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Simplify sign in on mobile device

Post by russellhltn »

Fortunately, during login, the username is case insensitive. So it doesn't matter.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
benrohrer

Post by benrohrer »

Thanks!! For some reason it seemed like I had a problem logging in when my username had any capitalized letters.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I would also suggest sending feedback using the feedback link at the bottom of LDS.org. It is annoying when it autocapitalizes the first letter, if your username is normally written with a lowercase letter.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:I would also suggest sending feedback using the feedback link at the bottom of LDS.org. It is annoying when it autocapitalizes the first letter, if your username is normally written with a lowercase letter.
Is that something that lds.org has control of? I'd think that's a feature of the phone's OS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Is that something that lds.org has control of? I'd think that's a feature of the phone's OS.
I thought that at first, until I realized that other sites requiring my sign in do not turn on caps lock.

Or rather, I suspect that the phone OS has it on by default, but the other apps are smart enough to turn it off.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:I would also suggest sending feedback using the feedback link at the bottom of LDS.org. It is annoying when it autocapitalizes the first letter, if your username is normally written with a lowercase letter.
Is that something that lds.org has control of? I'd think that's a feature of the phone's OS.
It's the default behavior, but can be disabled by adding autocapitalize="none" to the field in HTML. Both iOS and Android support the HTML autocapitalize attribute.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”