Two records created for same person

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rgoodman

Two records created for same person

Post by rgoodman »

When child of record was baptized at age 10 the mission created a new record so now I have two records for this individual. How do I delete one of the records?

Thanks,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Two records created for same person

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure about LCR, but there is (was) a function to delete in the event of a duplicate.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Select Membership > Merge Duplicate Records from the menu in LCR.
bradrowb

Post by bradrowb »

I needed to merge a child with two records with different birth dates and when I merged from Membership > Merge Duplicate Records, it gave me a success message saying "The request to merge duplicate records has been received. Please wait a few days for Church administration to perform the requested merge." Thanks for the timely post!
jakesill

Post by jakesill »

I have a stray record for a child that was accidentally created by a previous clerk the family has since moved out and I am unable to delete the stray old record from system. I am unable to merge the record since there is no other record to merge with... Please help.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You will have to call Local Unit Support to have them work the issue with you.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
nplawyer

Post by nplawyer »

Is there a way to unmerge duplicate records once they have been merged? We had two records move in for the same person, one with a bunch of outdated and incorrect information, the other accurate. They were merged before anyone took a close look at them, and now the record with the erroneous information is the one showing up.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

nplawyer wrote:Is there a way to unmerge duplicate records once they have been merged?
You would have to call the Global Service Department and ask them. There is no way you can do it locally. If they cannot unmerge them, I believe you will just have to make corrections to the remaining record.

Return to “Membership Help”