Scheduled maintenance closings

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
AFJett

Scheduled maintenance closings

Post by AFJett »

Does anyone know the scheduled maintenance closings of LDS.org and related sites for the next three months? I am an auditor getting reading for mid-year audits, and I don't want to have them on a date when LUFAS is not available for use (which has happened to me before).
jirp

Re: Scheduled maintenance closings

Post by jirp »

Another question on roughly the same topic. Is the shutting down of functions like directory, ward maps etc on Sunday for maintenance an indication of system overload or are they actually doing system maintenance on Sun? It is the day I most use those functions typically so I really would like to suggest a different day for doing system maintenance or at least get it out of the main activity hours of Sunday. Do it early or really late on Sun.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The "shutdown" message comes up if the server is too slow to respond. I doubt if they're doing anything on a Sunday that can't wait until another time, so I think this is the result some something else.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jirp wrote:Another question on roughly the same topic. Is the shutting down of functions like directory, ward maps etc on Sunday for maintenance an indication of system overload or are they actually doing system maintenance on Sun? It is the day I most use those functions typically so I really would like to suggest a different day for doing system maintenance or at least get it out of the main activity hours of Sunday. Do it early or really late on Sun.
Maintenance normally doesn't happen on Sunday.

Return to “Main Church Website”