Calendar Events disappearing after 30 days

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jaredandrewdanielson

Calendar Events disappearing after 30 days

Post by jaredandrewdanielson »

I serve as a stake president, and I use my calendar extensively to manage my schedule. As part of that, I sync the church calendar to my Outlook calendar (work) as well as my phone. It appears that recently my church events have begun disappearing from my synced calendars after 30 days. I cannot find a setting (either in my local calendars or the church one) that would allow me to influence this. I can still see historical calendar events when I login to lds.org, of course, and view the calendar there, but that is not very practical for much of my day. Seeing historical events is important because it helps remind me when I have conducted interviews, with events such as stake or ward conferences were held, and so forth. I hope you might have some insight into how to be able to allow me to sync events that occurred further in the past. (Up to ten years or more, would be my preference . . . :-) ). Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar Events disappearing after 30 days

Post by russellhltn »

jaredandrewdanielson wrote:I cannot find a setting (either in my local calendars or the church one) that would allow me to influence this.
There's none that I know of. I think the sync deliberately limits the "window" of events to keep the size of the iCal file reasonable for everyone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jaredandrewdanielson

Re: Calendar Events disappearing after 30 days

Post by jaredandrewdanielson »

Thank you for the reply. If there were some mechanism in the future to allow the calendar to persist beyond 30 days, it would be very helpful.

Return to “Calendar”