Notification of Records removal from SLC

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jjohnson1010

Notification of Records removal from SLC

Post by jjohnson1010 »

I am a ward clerk. The bishop received a notification from Church headquarters that a member on our ward records sent a letter to church headquarters to have their name removed. Their name was removed by SLC per the letter. My question is, do I need to keep the letter on file sent to our ward from SLC notifying us of the records removal?
bballrob

Re: Notification of Records removal from SLC

Post by bballrob »

Probably not. I think SLC mainly just sends these to the wards to let them know why a record just “disappeared” from your ward, without it showing up on your Members Moved Out report.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Notification of Records removal from SLC

Post by lajackson »

In the old days, the bishop would have been asked to complete the paperwork for name removal and would attach the letter from Church headquarters to that paperwork and submit it to the stake president and then the Church. The instructions from headquarters would say that the member did not need to be notified of the action.

I do not know what instructions come to a stake and ward today when Church headquarters takes care of the action.

Return to “Membership Help”