"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by scgallafent »

If this is something you really need, your stake leaders need to start communicating it to their presiding authorities ... with the understanding that what you ask for, you may not get.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

scgallafent wrote:If this is something you really need, your stake leaders need to start communicating it to their presiding authorities ... with the understanding that what you ask for, you may not get.
I've already submitted this via the feedback form on the website. I'm sure this isn't a new request. If you all think this would be helpful to your wards, you may want to submit the suggestion via the feedback link on the bottom of the 'send a message' page.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

chriswoodut wrote:I will say the discussion in EQ about texting originated because people don't read their email.
And I frustrate them all by responding that I read and respond to all of my email, and I ignore texts. But I agree that most folks seem to want texts, nowadays.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

lajackson wrote:
chriswoodut wrote:I will say the discussion in EQ about texting originated because people don't read their email.
And I frustrate them all by responding that I read and respond to all of my email, and I ignore texts. But I agree that most folks seem to want texts, nowadays.
Yeah, I'm always a little baffled that people have a smart phone that buzzes when they receive a text but doesn't seem to be setup to buzz them when they receive an email. I thought that was the default behavior....
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

chriswoodut wrote:Yeah, I'm always a little baffled that people have a smart phone that buzzes when they receive a text but doesn't seem to be setup to buzz them when they receive an email. I thought that was the default behavior....
Ha. My phone doesn't buzz at all when I am at Church. That means when the executive secretary or a member of the bishopric texts me during sacrament meeting to ask if I will give the closing prayer, they just have to sweat it out and see if I notice my name being mentioned by the person conducting when the closing hymn and prayer are announced.
diogenesblair

Post by diogenesblair »

I shut off email notifications on my phone. Otherwise the battery will run down from all of the notifications coming through as my email inbox fills up each day.

A lot of younger adults see email as an ancient communication system. They'll maybe check their email once a month or so unless they know to expect an email (in which case they usually tell you to just text them).
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

I was trying to send a message tonight with an attachment. IT would not send. When I sent it without the attachment, it sent just find. Something broke?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bballrob wrote:I was trying to send a message tonight with an attachment. IT would not send. When I sent it without the attachment, it sent just find. Something broke?
How big was the attachment?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

2.5 mb
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

Isn't it a 2 mb limit? Something in the back of my brain makes me think that but I can't remember why.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”