Dimensions for Photo uploading to Profiles

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mrcolj

Dimensions for Photo uploading to Profiles

Post by mrcolj »

I was just asked to take pictures of everyone in the ward to be uploaded to the ward directory.

Looking around here, it looks like the max necessary dimensions for a profile pic were at one point 500x375. Is this still the case? I can upload each of them, but natively they're 2-3 MB apiece, and there are 200 of them. So knowing what's actually superfluous would help to save upload time. And I actually don't know yet if they'll declare me a website admin in MLS, so I may end up having to email them in batches to the ward clerk—if that happens, filesize will really matter! :)

Thank you in advance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Dimensions for Photo uploading to Profiles

Post by russellhltn »

Looking though my ward's photos, the display seem to be limited to 500x500, however, if you download the photo, I see a couple of 1000x1000. The files were all png and the largest was 1.5MByte.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
London1987

Post by London1987 »

How do I upload a family photo to the ward directory from my pictures on the computer?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

london1987 wrote:How do I upload a family photo to the ward directory from my pictures on the computer?
To the on-line directory at https://lds.org/directory (or, you can navigate to it from the main lds.org page.)
On the left, click on "My Household"
At the top of the right column, click on "Edit". You should now see a link for uploading photos.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:
london1987 wrote:How do I upload a family photo to the ward directory from my pictures on the computer?
To the on-line directory at https://lds.org/directory (or, you can navigate to it from the main lds.org page.)
On the left, click on "My Household"
At the top of the right column, click on "Edit". You should now see a link for uploading photos.
A ward clerk or bishopric member needs to approve the photo. If these people in your ward aren't checking for photos to approve, you'll see it, but no one else in the ward/stake will. You might have someone else in the ward check to see if they can see your photo. Or just have a clerk check if there are photos that need approving and approve it.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”