Two-step verfication with new cell number

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
sisterryser

Two-step verfication with new cell number

Post by sisterryser »

I've changed my cell phone number and can't log into my account to update because the two-step verification code is going to my old number. Please advise.

K Ryser
LariCamargo

Re: Two-step verfication with new cell number

Post by LariCamargo »

I'm having the same problem, please help me!!!
sisterryser

Post by sisterryser »

Is there a phone number we can call please? I thought this would be a quick fix.
sisterryser

Post by sisterryser »

I can't use the LDS authenticator app because everything is locked into my old phone number. Please advise.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sisterryser wrote:I can't use the LDS authenticator app because everything is locked into my old phone number. Please advise.
I would suggest you contact your ward clerk and ask him to call the Global Service Center on your behalf requesting that twp-step authentication be turned off on your account. You should then be able to change your contact number and move forward again if you wish to do so.

Also, if you enter two-step in the Search LDSTech Forum box and press enter . . .
sisterryser

Post by sisterryser »

Our ward clerk was not allowed to resolve account services; the member needs to do so. I called (855) 537-4357 and they fixed my problem. Thank you!
rdasante

Post by rdasante »

I have moved to a new country and no longer have access to my old phone number. I cannot call GSC either. Could I send an email to someone?

Return to “Church Account”