LDS Account Password Policies

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Account Password Policies

Post by russellhltn »

Tommydreamer57 wrote:I no longer work for the church. Why am I still being required to change my password and how can I remove myself from this requirement?
Assuming that you don't have a calling that gives you access to systems other than LCR (such as a seminary teacher), you'll have to contact your prior employer and ask to be removed from "Workforce".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lwillis

Post by lwillis »

I am an ordinary member who has never held a position that would put me in the workforce domain. When I go to ldsaccount.lds.org, I do not have a workforce tab. I have used the same password for years, but just received an email saying this:

Request to Reset LDS Account Password
A request has been made to reset the password for LDS Account username [my user name]. Use the code provided below, to reset your password.
The Password Reset Code and link will be valid for 48 hours.

Any ideas why I am suddenly required to reset my password? Are there callings that are not considered "workforce" callings that trigger a password reset requirement?

Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lwillis wrote:A request has been made to reset the password for LDS Account username [my user name]. Use the code provided below, to reset your password.
The Password Reset Code and link will be valid for 48 hours.
This is not a requirement to change a password, but what is sent if you were to forget your password and try to reset it. It's possible someone is misremembering their user ID and is trying to use your user id.

I'd ignore it. The attempt to change the password isn't going to work since it wasn't sent to their email.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dsolmes

Post by dsolmes »

Where can I find the password creation criteria so that I can create a password that is considered valid. I have failed 5 times this morning but can't find out what is wrong with my choices. I am trying to change my password to something that I can remember and type into my ipod and ipad when not at my computer.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dsolmes wrote:Where can I find the password creation criteria so that I can create a password that is considered valid.
I have not seen the criteria, but others have said the requirement is 8 or more characters with any combination of letters or numbers. My password is more than 8 characters long and contains numbers and lowercase letters.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would avoid the use of puctuation as some apps don't seem to handle that very well. Stick with letters and numbers.

dougnelson75

Post by dougnelson75 »

We are full time missionaries in japan. My wife is locked out of her accounts. What number do we call to get her account unlocked.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dougnelson75 wrote:We are full time missionaries in japan. My wife is locked out of her accounts. What number do we call to get her account unlocked.
I would suggest you call the mission office, explain the problem to them, and ask them to contact the Global Service Center on her behalf to have the account unlocked.
karenjene

Post by karenjene »

I am a volunteer at the temple and do not use my password on the computer. I really don’t want to change my password. I do not have access to any internal church business.
Angélicasucces

Post by Angélicasucces »

Tengo problemas con mi cuenta para crearla

Return to “Church Account”