EQ ministering coordinators and supervisors

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
craighalbert

EQ ministering coordinators and supervisors

Post by craighalbert »

I received a message this morning that all EQ ministering coordinators and supervisors are to be released after SLC issued new FAQ's/guidelines anyone have insight? We were scheduled for training this evening everything was placed on hold.
eblood66

Re: EQ ministering coordinators and supervisors

Post by eblood66 »

It looks like these additional FAQs were added a few days ago: https://www.lds.org/mycalling/ministeri ... q?lang=eng
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Our ward is also now a bit unsure about exactly which additional callings to use when organizing ministering. The new 05/15/18 FAQ was very helpful, but with the ministering coordinators and supervisors gone, the only "new" calling referenced in the FAQ was "ministering secretaries". And looking at LCR, the closest I can currently find is "EQ (or RS) Assistant Secretary" under the Presidency category (the Ministering category only has the defunct coordinator/supervisor).

As a Bishopric, we are looking to help support our RS/EQ in developing their ministering efforts, both the assignments as well as the ongoing interviews. The underlying RS/EQ planning process can go on regardless, but we'd like to align ourselves with the vision the Church has for additional member involvement in supporting the RS/EQ Presidencies and their ministering efforts. Especially so we don't issue callings that then need to be undone! :)
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The ministering secretaries have not yet been added to the list of available position types.
craighalbert

Post by craighalbert »

I'm confident things will work out we preliminary called five coordinators and one supervisor who would collate information lessening the burden on the EQ President.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

craighalbert wrote:I'm confident things will work out we preliminary called five coordinators and one supervisor who would collate information lessening the burden on the EQ President.
Ministering coordinators and supervisors have been discontinued. A new calling, ministering secretary, has been created. This person may be assigned to schedule ministering interviews and to help prepare a quarterly report of interviews. Additional FAQs and answers were given a few days ago, and a link to that information is in the post by eblood66, three posts before yours.

I think it is important to remember, however, that the president and his two counselors do all of the actual interviews.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

scgallafent wrote:The ministering secretaries have not yet been added to the list of available position types.
And that work is now done. The ministering secretary position is now available in LCR. Existing Ministering Supervisor positions have been left in place so that unit leaders have a chance to release them.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

Is there any insight into what access they have in LCR? Is it the same as either the Ministering Coordinator or Supervisor?

I'm hesitant to assign people into those roles when I don't know what access they do or don't have.
danpass

Post by danpass »

nutterb wrote:Is there any insight into what access they have in LCR? Is it the same as either the Ministering Coordinator or Supervisor?

I'm hesitant to assign people into those roles when I don't know what access they do or don't have.
Note what lajackson said a couple of posts before yours. The positions of ministering coordinators and supervisors have been discontinued.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

danpass wrote:
Note what lajackson said a couple of posts before yours. The positions of ministering coordinators and supervisors have been discontinued.
I may not have been clear enough with my question. The ministering coordinators and supervisors are still listed in the access table (for now), but the ministering secretary is not. I would like to know what the access level is for the ministering secretary before I place anyone in that role. Would it be safe to assume that the access for the ministering secretary will be similar to the access for the ministering coordinator?
AccessTable.png
(79.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “General Discussions”