The gospel library app isn't opening at all.

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
ruffelln

Re: The gospel library app isn't opening at all.

Post by ruffelln »

I have not be able to open gospel library app since my phone updated. I have a Samsung J3. It tells me the app would not open and asks to restart and send feedback. Then when I try to restart, the pop-up says it is closing the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times.
mariadonna.estacio

Post by mariadonna.estacio »

Pls help LDS library doesnt work on my phone since yesterday May 12.. When icon was clicked, only the black screen with moroni appear and then automatic closed same with MORMON CHANNEL... I dont feel sad and worried with this because am using the said 2 lds apps everyday.. My phone is Huawei Nova 2i with Android version 7
kennyrayandersen

Post by kennyrayandersen »

Can't get past the lovely Angel Moroni. Uninstalled 3 times. Rebooted Huawei tablet running Android 7. Been using it for years without incident. Something ain't right. It shouldn't be this unstable. I don't think it is a device-specific issue.
mrtheface

Post by mrtheface »

Same issue Huawei p20 pro running android. Moroni screen for a fraction of a second then force closes.

Been using app for years on various devices. Tried reinstalling. No joy.
GaryEShook

Post by GaryEShook »

mrtheface wrote:Same issue Huawei p20 pro running android. Moroni screen for a fraction of a second then force closes.

Been using app for years on various devices. Tried reinstalling. No joy.
I have a P20 Pro also. Thought maybe it was because of that. But now I see many people are having the issue. Is there a way to download an old version? Where do you keep the old files at? lol
brendajlowry

Post by brendajlowry »

I have the same problem on my Huawei nova lite. I got the phone last September and never had a problem with the Gospel Library app until this weekend. I have uninstall and reinstalled several times, also restarted the phone to no avail.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's curious that most people having problems are running Huawei. Was there an Android update this past week? I know my Pixel got one but it seems to be working OK.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

For those on Huawei or other Android devices, make sure you have the latest version of Google Play Services installed: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ndroid.gms
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
fatfarmer

Post by fatfarmer »

Google Play Services is one of the apps that is updated with or without your permission no matter what you have your settings set to do. I am in the same boat with the other Huawei owners, my Honor 8 went haywire after Google Play Services updated itself on my phone last week. It caused severe battery drain, freeze ups, and some apps stopped working, including Gospel Library. I did a factory reset which solved most of the issues, but Gospel Library is still dead in the water. If you filter and read the comments for the latest version only of Google Play Services, there's a ton of unhappy Huawei owners who are experiencing the same issues as me. I always update things manually when I feel they need to be updated but unfortunately Google won't let you keep Google-Play-Services from updating. Hopefully they fix it soon.
fatfarmer

Post by fatfarmer »

Since my previous post, I have installed the latest version of Gospel Library (says May 15, 2018, 4.4.2.0) and it is once again working properly for me on my Huawei phone. So after a factory reset and installation of the new update of Gospel Library, that seems to be the answer for me. I am sure that there is probably an easier way to get it working for those who are having issues, but unfortunately I don't know what that would be, unless it would be just installing the new version of Gospel Library. After the reset I did try my previous versions that I had before, since I had apk's for them, but they would not work at all. Good luck fellow Huawei owners!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”