Missionary recommendation system problem

Discussions about other Church websites
Poppypimsuwan

Missionary recommendation system problem

Post by Poppypimsuwan »

So I have been trying to start my missionary paper form online but when I signed in to the missionary recommendation form it says "access denied" and says that my branch president has to do something with it so I could be able to start, So then I called my branch president but it seems like he doesn't know how to do it either.
I would like to have an definition on the process from both of our ends. So that we could both figure out at the same time. Thank you so much for your support.

Please contact me via email. poppy.pimsuwan@gmail.com or to my branch president: jame9559@gmail.com

Best regards,
Poppy Pimsuwan, Thailand Chiang Mai2
eblood66

Re: Missionary recommendation system problem

Post by eblood66 »

The branch president has to start your recommendation before you can do your part. If he doesn't know how to do that he needs to contact his stake or district clerk or president for training. The forums here are just user-to-user help. It's possible that someone who posts may have recent experience and the time to post a detailed description of the process for the branch president but there is a very good chance that nobody with that time or experience is available. Your stake or district are the best sources for training.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

This is interesting to me. As a ward clerk, I can login to MORS. I see the Initiate New Recommendation link. I also see the Print Quick-Start Guide link and the Instructions for Prospective Missionary link. However, neither of those sets of instructions states that the bishop (or clerk) must initiate a new recommendation. The way they read, all the prospective missionary has to do is to login to MORS, fill out the forms, and submit the package to his bishop. This is obviously not true. Perhaps I missed instructions.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

drepouille wrote:This is interesting to me. As a ward clerk, I can login to MORS. I see the Initiate New Recommendation link. I also see the Print Quick-Start Guide link and the Instructions for Prospective Missionary link. However, neither of those sets of instructions states that the bishop (or clerk) must initiate a new recommendation. The way they read, all the prospective missionary has to do is to login to MORS, fill out the forms, and submit the package to his bishop. This is obviously not true. Perhaps I missed instructions.
I don't have access to MORS nowadays but I think the key is perhaps that the bishop has to give the prospective missionary access to the system before they can login at all. But I don't know how to do that. Perhaps there are instructions for the bishop that aren't visible to a clerk.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:As a ward clerk, I can login to MORS. I see the Initiate New Recommendation link.
It appears your bishop may have authorized you as ward clerk to perform certain functions on his behalf. In the case of the original poster, his branch president probably has not.

Although it is not in the instructions (and probably should be), the branch president just needs to click on the New Recommendation link and select the missionary who is about to begin completing his missionary application. Then the missionary will be able to access the application.
noah3

Post by noah3 »

While going through the missionary application process and trying to print the dental form, this is the error I get:

There was a problem loading this recommendation.

It won't create the pdf to print my medical forms. Can you help?
petey33

Post by petey33 »

Did you ever find a solution? We've been trying to do this for several weeks now, and we're now down to crunch time and it's still not working.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

As this is a user-to-user forum rather than an official support/help request channel, there is no guarantee any solution will directly come from this discussion thread. If you need a prompt solution, please follow the Help or Feedback mechanisms in the online system and/or contact the GSC.
katiedayley

Post by katiedayley »

Did you ever discover a solution to the problem of the PDF not being created?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

katiedayley wrote:Did you ever discover a solution to the problem of the PDF not being created?
I'm not sure if it's the same problem but this post indicated that you need to turn off any pop-up blocker. It's worth a try.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Websites”