Members profile photos

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
forresthickman

Members profile photos

Post by forresthickman »

i noticed today that some people have photos that are not allowed in the Ward Directory (one inappropriate).

is there a way as membership clerk i can remove them?
eblood66

Re: Members profile photos

Post by eblood66 »

Yes. Go to the Directory (https://lds.org/directory), select Manage Photos on the left side, find the photo and click the red 'x' button.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Anytime someone uploads a photo, it has to be approved by a clerk or bishopric member before it's displayed for anyone in the ward to see. Ideally it would have been caught in that process, but sometimes photos get approved without much thought.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Anytime someone uploads a photo, it has to be approved by a clerk or bishopric member before it's displayed for anyone in the ward to see.
I'd change that to say "... before the general membership can see it." I think we've found that leaders can see photos before they're approved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
forresthickman

Post by forresthickman »

Thanks a ton :-)
alanjames

Post by alanjames »

To remove an unassigned photo, I've been told to click the red x under the photo. First, there is a trashcan icon, not an x. Second, when I hit the trashcan icon, I get an error. The photo belongs to a sister who's records are no longer with our unit. How do I get rid of this photo? The error I get reads: "From www.lds.org There was an unforseen problem authenticating your request. Please contact the support team at the link below and we will resolve this as soon as possible. Please try your request again later. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please click on the "Feedback" link at the bottom of this page to report the problem."
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Something odd is going on. I dropped a note to one of the QA engineers so he can look at it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

alanjames wrote:The photo belongs to a sister who's records are no longer with our unit.
How did her records leave the unit? I'm guessing it wasn't a normal move.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I heard back from the QA engineer and he said it is a known issue. I'm not sure when it will be fixed.

Return to “Membership Help”