"Search Scriptures" no longer recognizes hyphens in scripture reference

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
panders12

"Search Scriptures" no longer recognizes hyphens in scripture reference

Post by panders12 »

I noticed an issue which appeared yesterday with the "search scriptures" box on lds.org. When I run a search involving multiple verses separated by a hyphen, lds.org no longer interprets it correctly. I use this function everyday, so I know that it was working correctly until yesterday.

Here's the issue:
If I type "alma 53:13-15" in the search box, I expect to be taken to the alma 53 page with verses 13-15 highlighted and with the page scrolled down to about verse 12. Here's the url I typically get in response to that search:
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alm ... ng=eng#p12

However, starting yesterday, that search generates this URL instead, which doesn't highlight the verses or scroll correctly:
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alm ... =eng#p1314

The search function appears to be stripping off the hyphen and looking for verse #1315 instead of recognizing that I'm searching for verses 13-15.

It seems to handle comma-delimited sets of verses appropriately. It just doesn't handle hyphens correctly any more.
davesudweeks

Re: "Search Scriptures" no longer recognizes hyphens in scripture reference

Post by davesudweeks »

I suggest you provide feedback on the LDS.org page where you are seeing the problem (there should be a feedback link at the bottom of the page). Posts here in this user-to-user forum will likely not make it to anyone with the ability to fix the problem. Posting here can be useful if someone else has a workaround for your problem, but almost all of us are just users like yourself. Feedback is read and distributed to the programmers (though there is no guarantee a feedback post will drive a change as they are an extremely small group and they don't set their own priorities).

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”