Audio playback in lds gospel library

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jenniferborup

Re: Audio playback in lds gospel library

Post by jenniferborup »

In order to play continuously, go to the book you want ie Nephi, where it shows all chapters. On the right you have to option to download or share. download mp3. Then on the bottom left of your screen when the download is complete, click on that and it will open in your files. Select that file and it will open (mine opened in itunes on my mac)all of the chapters listed separately. Then click on that file in itunes and it will begin playing.
camillascott

Post by camillascott »

I have the gospel library on my android phone. The option to listen to the scriptures or talks etc was working fine up until two weeks ago. I have the latest update and when on data it says error. On wifi it seems to be fine. I have checked all of my settings to make sure nothing has been changed--thanks to children, and all of my settings are the same. I would really like to be able to listen while I drive to and from work. Please help! Thank you!
roseofsharon7

Post by roseofsharon7 »

I have seen posts dating back to 2007 and some in 2014 concerning this issue of "Continuous Playback Option." I saw no answers or solutions posted! You mean to tell me, that in almost twenty years The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has not fixed this issue? I don't understand why? Here it is 2018 and I just downloaded The Book of Mormon audio for my desktop computer and the same problem is still there that existed 19 years ago. Why?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

roseofsharon7 wrote:I have seen posts dating back to 2007 and some in 2014 concerning this issue of "Continuous Playback Option." I saw no answers or solutions posted! You mean to tell me, that in almost twenty years The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has not fixed this issue? I don't understand why? Here it is 2018 and I just downloaded The Book of Mormon audio for my desktop computer and the same problem is still there that existed 19 years ago. Why?
Are you using Gospel Library for Windows? Gospel Library for iOS and Android do support continuous play.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eric.ao.yuli

Post by eric.ao.yuli »

Continuous play for Gospel Library in Android merely repeats the same track download. I assume it should be designed to proceed to the next available download? I haven't been able to find a way to make any changes to this in the app. Is this what others are experiencing?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

eric.ao.yuli wrote:Continuous play for Gospel Library in Android merely repeats the same track download. I assume it should be designed to proceed to the next available download? I haven't been able to find a way to make any changes to this in the app. Is this what others are experiencing?
Where are you playing the audio from? Are you playing it from the "Downloaded Media" section of the app, or are you playing it from the chapter?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Almo

Post by Almo »

We used to be able to listen to the Primary lesson on Lds.org to prepare to teach the kids. That audio has not worked for a very long time (we don't remember when we were last able to do it). We have tried laptops, desktop, iPad, iPhone etc.... How do I make it work???? I could study the lesson so much more frequently - ie: driving, cooking, exercising etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You didn't say exactly which items you were trying to listen to. So, I randomly selected Manuals > Primary 6: Old Testament > Lesson 3: The Creation. Attempting to listen resulted in a "Page not found" error. I submitted feedback on that. But a number of other chapters worked as expected. (This is on a Win10 laptop running Edge).

Note that listening to the audio does require a reasonably good network connection - something that may not be available in the meetinghouse, especially on a Sunday. I'd strongly suggest downloading ahead of time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
imran1336

Post by imran1336 »

Its Fantastic audio Libary. I cheaked it before.
tratcher

Post by tratcher »

On my Android phone the Play Audio option used to work but has not for the last few months.

Example: Primary 6: Old Testament, Lesson 36.
Steps: Press Play Audio
Result: The audio player pops up for about 3 seconds before it gives up and skips to the next lesson and tries to play that one. It tries the next few lessons before it gives up entirely.
Workaround: When the audio player opens select the menu and hit Download. Give it a few seconds to download the audio and then go back and try to play the lesson again (successfully).

Equipment:
LDS Gospel Library v4.4.2.0
Nexus 5x - Android 8.1.0
Network - Wifi and 1gb internet
Disk space - 12gb free

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”