Links for journal entries not working.

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

mayera

Links for journal entries not working.

Post by mayera »

According to the help section in the Windows 10 app, we should be able to add links to our content there. I see a button for linking when I am in the journal, but it doesn't respond. I have doing the reverse, by selecting a scripture to link and then going to the journal, but still no luck. Any ideas?
ToManyLetters

Re: Links for journal entries not working.

Post by ToManyLetters »

What you're referring to as a button is just a icon, not a button. This is where the app lists existing links.

The app's help guide referenced the feature because it was expected to be complete at release, but it still is not. Interestingly, the reference to this feature was removed a couple weeks ago in the beta's version of the help guide and the update should be rolling out to the non-beta version of the app soon. The feature is still planned, but issues caused by catalog changes are delaying planned feature development at present.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
mrjk

Post by mrjk »

I have been struggling with the same problem. Is there any workaround that anyone knows of? This would be a very important feature in my view.
mrjk

Post by mrjk »

If there is any way to "vote" for this function to be made available, I would do so. To me this would be the most important function of the entire Gospel Library. Is there any workaround that someone can suggest? Some way to use the "notes" function backward? I need to be able to make a talk outline in which I can then tap the reference which I typed into the outline, and have the scripture pop up. THANK YOU for any advice other than just waiting for further development.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

mrjk wrote:If there is any way to "vote" for this function to be made available, I would do so. To me this would be the most important function of the entire Gospel Library. Is there any workaround that someone can suggest? Some way to use the "notes" function backward? I need to be able to make a talk outline in which I can then tap the reference which I typed into the outline, and have the scripture pop up. THANK YOU for any advice other than just waiting for further development.
We have a UserVoice page. A suggestion quite a lot like yours has already been suggested (and is linked below). Support it with your votes. When our developers have time, they prioritize development based on the number of users that ask for features here.

https://ldswin.uservoice.com/forums/236 ... iting-tool
mrjk wrote:I have been struggling with the same problem. Is there any workaround that anyone knows of? This would be a very important feature in my view.
We're in the process of working on the feature in the beta version of the app. It works for regular notes, but there's a bug for journal entries that prevents it from working.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”