New Stake High Priests Quorum

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
chrisgrant

New Stake High Priests Quorum

Post by chrisgrant »

Will home teaching by members of the new Stake High Priests Quorum be supervised by the Elders Quorum?

Will members of the new Stake High Priests Quorum (who don't have assignments to be elsewhere) attend Elders Quorum Meeting on Sundays? Will their priesthood meeting attendance be tracked by the Elders Quorum?
simonawright

Re: New Stake High Priests Quorum

Post by simonawright »

I would expect the Elders quorum presidency to oversee all ward home teaching and so I expect reports will still go to them.

As visiting authorities will attend the Elders quorum I don’t see why it would be any different for the stake high priests quorum.

Tracking attendance will probably carry on the same as before for stake officers.

I am sure we will get further clarification through the area 70s. I would also expect LCR to be updated to reflect these changes, no idea how long that will take.
chrisgrant

Post by chrisgrant »

simonawright wrote: Tracking attendance will probably carry on the same as before for stake officers.
It can't carry on the same as before, because until yesterday our high councilors were members of a ward high priests group, which had a secretary who tracked their attendance.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

simonawright wrote:I am sure we will get further clarification through the area 70s. I would also expect LCR to be updated to reflect these changes, no idea how long that will take.
LCR and LDS Tools are being updated today. Both are offline now while the processes are running and they should be back online shortly after the afternoon session is complete.

More instructions will come by letter to priesthood leaders in the next couple of days.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

As the membership of the stake high priest quorum is based on calling and therefore subject to change I would expect simple administrative functions such as attendance to be dealt with by the ward elders quorum presidency.

We shall see following the update.
chrisgrant

Post by chrisgrant »

As of Monday morning, LCR is listing people like the stake president in the Elders Quorum, so (along with the discontinuation of home teaching) this answers all my questions.

Return to “Reports and Forms”