Unable to sign in

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
zacharyrobinson

Unable to sign in

Post by zacharyrobinson »

I am a Church employee and member of a bishopric in my ward. A few months ago, I was unable to access LCR from lds.org. and I was also unable to sign in to LDS Tools. The Global Service Center worked on the LCR issue for over 2 weeks and was able to restore my access to LCR. However, I still am unable to sign in to LDS Tools. When I attempt to sign in, the app downloads the data but freezes after a few minutes.

I have sent multiple tickets in to the Global Service Center and contacted LDS Tools help multiple times. I've been told to log out and log in a number of times and it should resolve the issue. I've tried this, I've also deleted the app, restarted my phone, and reinstalled the app...but same results. I also got a new phone yesterday hoping this would solve the issue, but no luck.

Can anyone help? The attached image is where the app always freezes...
Attachments
IMG_5379.PNG
(281.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to sign in

Post by russellhltn »

What OS is your device? iOS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zacharyrobinson

iOS - 11.2.6 running on an iPhone 8
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Did you go to Help > Contact Us in LDS Tools to contact the LDS Tools support team?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
PapaNoHair

Post by PapaNoHair »

I have the same problem. I have been to my provider, Samsung (Galaxy 8 + and Samsung Tab E) and the Church multiple times and I have gotten nowhere in the last 6 months. I was a Church employee also so I wonder if that has a bearing. I also signed my wife out of LDS Tools on her iPhone 7 + and signed myself in. It worked fine. It is baffling. I really need LDS Tools.
zacharyrobinson

I've emailed the LDS Tools Support team at least 10 times. I get the same boilerplate instructions emailed back to me that do not work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Does your password contain any punctuation? Some apps don't properly handle them when sending them via https.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”