Adding a profile picture for someone else

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jvadnais

Adding a profile picture for someone else

Post by jvadnais »

I'm wondering if there is a way that I could add a profile picture to someone else's profil who is not a part of my family? They have given me consent to do so.
eblood66

Re: Adding a profile picture for someone else

Post by eblood66 »

Only if you are a clerk, executive secretary or bishopric member. If so, just go to the directory and use the Upload Photos item on the left sidebar. If not, you're best bet is to send it to a clerk and ask them to do it.
mevans

Post by mevans »

eblood66 wrote:Only if you are a clerk, executive secretary or bishopric member. If so, just go to the directory and use the Upload Photos item on the left sidebar. If not, you're best bet is to send it to a clerk and ask them to do it.
Assistant clerks and webmasters can also do it.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

I am a ward website administrator and have not been able to add member photos for quite some time. I am able to approve other photos that have been submitted. I have always done in the past and can't seem to figure out what the problem is. I have not changed anything and have
even tried copying the individual photo of a member already there and trying to insert it as the household photo. I keep getting
this message: Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later.

I continue to use Google Chrome with no success. Thank you in advance for your help. Great forum!
casper684

Post by casper684 »

I followed instructions on Post by mevans » dated 08 Mar 2018 08:19 under topic Add Pictures
I was able to add photos after emailing and saving to my ipad. Oddly ipad kept showing that photo was loading.
However, when I looked on my computer it had loaded and ipad was still loading? ALSO photo not showing
on lds tools on my ipad just on my computer. No photos are showing on tools?
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'm an assistant clerk and am able to upload photos. I'm using Chrome on a Mac. I just added some about 2 weeks ago and it worked.

Lately, I've been seeing the online directory having random problems loading the page. Photos have also had random problems for maybe a few years (especially uploading them).

You should be able to upload photos through LDS Tools on your iPad. I haven't done that in a long time, but I believe it's supposed to work.

Maybe a suggestion is to check with a ward clerk or assistant clerk and see if that person is able to upload a photo. This might help figure out if the problem is with calling permissions vs. general problems in the system.

I generally use LDS Tools as a read-only application. I believe I've been seeing photos there.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

I don't think it's a calling specific problem as I was able to do it using my ipad. I do not typically use tools as I am also a
Stake Building Scheduler and find tools too difficult to use with my calling. I use the lds.org for all my needs.
I do notice that ipad and iphone apps are different for tools. At least I was able to get the photos up for lds.org
though none showing up for tools but I did what I wanted to accomplish. Thanks for your help. Always nice to
look for old posts to see if I can find the help there too. Just have to figure out what wording to look for. :-)
mevans

Post by mevans »

So, if I understand correctly, you're able to see photos on lds.org, but not on LDS Tools?

Have you tried doing a sync with LDS Tools to see if the photos show up?

I'm not certain how LDS Tools gets photos or updates them. I don't know if a normal sync downloads photos, or if it's real time, or a caching mechanism, or what. I'm guessing that to save bandwidth and speed up download time that maybe information is cached do you don't download everyone's photos every time you sync. That's just a guess; I've never looked at the process in detail.

I wonder if you try removing LDS Tools and reinstalling it if you would have any better luck. There's also a forum specifically for LDS Tools (and subforums for Android and iOS). If your problem is specific to LDS Tools, maybe you'd could try posting there, if you haven't already. https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=115

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”