Can't submit PB recommend for recently moved-in members

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
GrasseDD

Can't submit PB recommend for recently moved-in members

Post by GrasseDD »

Is there a restriction on submitting a recommend for patriarchal blessing for a member recently moved in?
Step 1 (Type the member's name and click Next when the correct member is selected) won't access names of members moved in within the last 58 days.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't submit PB recommend for recently moved-in members

Post by russellhltn »

GrasseDD wrote:Is there a restriction on submitting a recommend for patriarchal blessing for a member recently moved in?
We'd have to wait for a developer to comment. I don't think there's any restriction per the Handbook, but the developers might have been given one based on the "business rules" handed down by the Priesthood Department.

Just as a note, today is the 44th day of the year. I wondered if perhaps the "58 days" was a bug of some kind because of being so close to the beginning of the year - nope.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

My stake does not participate in online submission of PB recommends. We print them from MLS. I wonder if printing them from MLS is also available to units that also participate in online submissions?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Follow up with solution:
In the PB submission page, click on Settings and then Refresh membership. This syncs the PB data with MLS.
(Thanks to lds.org feedback for pointing it out. I thought I had read the instructions, but there it was, at the very bottom of the Help page!)
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

drepouille wrote:My stake does not participate in online submission of PB recommends. We print them from MLS. I wonder if printing them from MLS is also available to units that also participate in online submissions?
I just learned in bishopric meeting yesterday that our new patriarch will only accept online submissions. Our non-functioning patriarch refused online submissions, as well as PB recommends printed from MLS. He insisted that bishoprics use the handwritten carbon copy PB recommends.

I signed in to PBSS here:
https://pb.lds.org/pbsubmit/#/home

I clicked on the Help link:
http://pbhelp.ldschurch.org/language/en/

I learned that the PBSS works very much like the MORS in that the bishop must grant permissions to his counselors, ward clerk, and executive secretary if he wants them to create or submit recommends. I also learned that the stake is supposed to train all local unit leaders how to use the PBSS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:I also learned that the stake is supposed to train all local unit leaders how to use the PBSS.
Does the stake have access to PBSS to learn how to train?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Ha. I just received this email message:
Dear Ward Clerk null,

This is an automated message from the Patriarchal Blessing Submission System. The blessing for null requires membership updates to be applied to MLS.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”