Missing Manuals

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Missing Manuals

Post by lajackson »

bgille wrote:I bought a Dell laptop from Dell less than a year ago, and it is not compatible with Windows 10.
My Dell laptop I purchased several years ago works just fine with Windows 10. Otherwise, you would not be seeing this post.

If you are talking about running Gospel Library on a Windows desktop, that has never worked for me. Of course, I always thought GL was intended as an app for a mobile device, and not an application or program for a desktop or laptop.
BowmanDH

Post by BowmanDH »

I and tens of thousands of others run Gospel Library on Windows. You should give it a try!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

BowmanDH wrote:I and tens of thousands of others run Gospel Library on Windows. You should give it a try!
I have found that I never have my laptop with me when I wish to use GL. I thought it might come in handy for showing videos at Church, but I quickly discovered that I can download the videos to my phone and just plug it into the TV.

My phone is easier to hold when I teach. It plugs into my car so that I can listen as I travel. In the morning when I wake it is on my nightstand as I begin the day reading scriptures. It works well for me as I bookmark thoughts, conference quotes, and handbook excerpts for leadership meetings.

I can see where it might come in handy to copy scriptures and other quotes as I prepare talks, but I never made the switch to use GL for that purpose, even when I prepared several talks a month. I do not speak as often now, but I may consider it for future use.

But I am glad if it works for you. Stay the course.
kathleendawald

Post by kathleendawald »

I bought a Microsoft Surface tablet a couple of years ago specifically for church use (gospel library in particular).
What's the deal? Cannot get the 2018 GL curriculum for Old Testament class. I can get it on my phone, but the print is pretty little for old people.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

I'll say here how grateful I am for a Windows GL. I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 solely to be able to use GL. I was not excited for the OS upgrade; in fact, I've customized as many settings as possible to keep it like Win7. But, wow, has it been worth it. GLWin10 is easily the best GL version, hands down.
D.G.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”