Syncing LDS Tools is not updating the Calendar

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
guddatj

Re: Syncing LDS Tools is not updating the Calendar

Post by guddatj »

To my previous comments, I just resynced today and the update occurred, so I guess there is some sort of lag time for certain updates in the calendar... maybe.?
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

The fastest way I've found to update the calendar in LDS tools is to not re-sync. Rather at the top of the calendar items list, pull down until you get the spinning wheel. Items will then update. I changed the date on an item yesterday then re-synced; no calendar changes. Just now I checked the date (22nd) then pulled down. It now shows the new date (29th).
jimwilhelmsen

Post by jimwilhelmsen »

Just had a Ward Family History activity added to the Stake Calendar, it shows up in LDS.ORG but not on LDS Tools. Why are they not in sync?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jimwilhelmsen wrote:Just had a Ward Family History activity added to the Stake Calendar, it shows up in LDS.ORG but not on LDS Tools. Why are they not in sync?
  • Make sure the user in question is subscribed to that stake calendar.
  • Do a sync on LDS Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jimwilhelmsen wrote:Just had a Ward Family History activity added to the Stake Calendar, it shows up in LDS.ORG but not on LDS Tools. Why are they not in sync?
Also be aware that the calendar on LDS.org shows events far into the future, but the calendar on LDS Tools contains only those events that are up to three months into the future.
jimwilhelmsen

Post by jimwilhelmsen »

Thanks Russell, It seems there is a 48 hour delay between LDS.org and Tools. Working now.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

aebrown wrote:
Also be aware that the calendar on LDS.org shows events far into the future, but the calendar on LDS Tools contains only those events that are up to three months into the future.
FYI - In Settings the Calendar can be set up too a maximum of 12 months.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”