Canada - Tax Receipt for Online vs. MLS donations

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
joshmolcak

Canada - Tax Receipt for Online vs. MLS donations

Post by joshmolcak »

I just tried to print out the Official Tax Receipt - Canada for our ward. It appears as though the only things that show up on the statements are the donations done via MLS. Online donations did not show up on the Official Tax Statement generated by the Financial Clerk. I checked online and there doesn't appear to be any ability for members to print their own tax statement for the online portion.

How are we supposed to get our Official Tax Receipt for Online donations? Or did we try to print these too soon?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Canada - Tax Receipt for Online vs. MLS donations

Post by russellhltn »

On-line donations will not show up in MLS is there is no MRN on the account. I also wouldn't expect the donation to show up if it's being made from a bank in a different country. (In your case, if the donation came from a US bank.)

Looking at my own on-line donation (US) I don't see any tax statement for 2017. I don't think it's been generated yet. Generally, there is a time lag to allow for donations being sent via "snail-mail" to arrive and be processed for the correct tax year.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Canada - Tax Receipt for Online vs. MLS donations

Post by lajackson »

joshmolcak wrote:How are we supposed to get our Official Tax Receipt for Online donations? Or did we try to print these too soon?
Official Tax Receipts are not normally available this early in January. They usually appear sometime during the latter half of the month. I think you may have tried too soon.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”