Webcast Equipment Pre-setup box

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
sphester

Webcast Equipment Pre-setup box

Post by sphester »

Hi All

I thought it might be useful to share some photos of a webcast box my local FM group loaned me. I had not expected such a profession setup all in one box and in many ways it seems like something they should do for all webcast setups much more plug and play.

One of my ongoing concerns has always been the time it takes to get everything out of a cupboard and then plugged with this solution it is ready to go in minutes as it is a single power plug for the whole box.

My Local FM group has initially offered to have all my equipment set up in a similar box.

What do people think of the setup?

My only concerns are the following.

How I would plump in a video mixer. We don't have one yet but I have aspirations to get one and run a second camera.

It's quite bespoke what would happen if kits get replaced we had the old webcast kit for 3 years before it went end of life.

I'd need a small switch included as I use this to connect the Vidiu and my laptop.

I've included my own set up for a comparison.

Thanks in advance and hope someone finds the idea useful.
20171126_092432.jpg
(1.87 MiB) Not downloaded yet
20171126_092445.jpg
(1.57 MiB) Not downloaded yet
20171126_092454.jpg
(1.82 MiB) Not downloaded yet
20171126_092521.jpg
(1.36 MiB) Not downloaded yet
20171126_092528.jpg
(2.06 MiB) Not downloaded yet
20171126_092541.jpg
(1.53 MiB) Not downloaded yet
20171126_092626.jpg
(1.65 MiB) Not downloaded yet
20171126_093049.jpg
(1.24 MiB) Not downloaded yet
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Webcast Equipment Pre-setup box

Post by rannthal »

That is awesome!!!

I'm going to show this around as a possible idea for webcast.
Thanks for posting this. :D
sphester

Post by sphester »

I'm glad someone found it useful.

To be honest after seeing it I was like why didn't it arrive like this.

My local fm group is arranging my kit to be may up like this in January. I'll be adding my 4 wireless Mics to keep it almost wire free.

Our local fm group loan the boxed kit out to stakes who don't have their own. I've always wondered why central kit is not used to reduce costs. In my case we only use it once a year. The stake just don't seem to want to leverage the technology and use it more which is a shame. Of course some stakes uses it much more.

I'm still on the fence about using a 2 camera system and video mixer. There is much to be said about keeping things simple. And i worry about cash investment for the system to be become out dated in 2 3 years. But i would love to illuminate the camera zoom and pan for the viewer.

If you want more details I'm sure my local fm group could put you in touch with those that made this box setup.
randysteck

Post by randysteck »

I think it's a great idea to share hardware between stakes for cost reduction since we rarely have stakes in our area with conferences at the same time. The challenge to these is usually the audio feeds, especially pulpit, choir, wireless speaker and questions. We've been leery of running wireless pulpit mics. The setup could be as simple as a PC, audio capture box (USB) and one or two IP cameras. This would give video mixing, audio mixing and streaming capability. I'd certainly want a hardwired network connection, though, so placement of the system and cameras might be a little restricted.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”