Activity Days Membership Data Tracking Wrong in LCR?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
CoryDeeNelson

Activity Days Membership Data Tracking Wrong in LCR?

Post by CoryDeeNelson »

Sorry, new to the calling in the last 6 months. I was asked by a Primary leader to give them the names of a certain age group of girls that will be having birthdays next year (2018). After looking at the lists on LCR, I noticed what seems like a compilation error in how LCR is making these class assignments. Currently, the girls in our unit age 8-11 are being grouped by calendar year instead of age for their Activity Days assignment. I was under the impression that when a girl turns 9 she should automatically be moved to the appropriate Activity Days Age 9 group. Our units LCR is keeping them in the Activity Days Age 8 group even though they are 9. The cub scouts program follows a different pattern and automatically progresses them from Den to Den when they have a birthday. Our Activity Day rolls and membership on LCR seems to be following an allgorythm like that of a primary class, where an entire group progresses together annually despite what part of the year they have a birthday. I had to wonder if our ward was progressing our young ladies incorrectly from the different Activity Days groups, but our bishopric says that LCR apparently must be tracking it wrong. Can't find anything in either handbook to address the appropriate timing to progress young ladies in the Activity Days program. Thoughts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Activity Days Membership Data Tracking Wrong in LCR?

Post by russellhltn »

When in doubt, consult the Handbook. Handbook 2: 11.4.3 shows that a 9-year old advances to the Valiant 9 when he/she is 9 years old on January 1. Activity days are covered by 11.5.2, but there's no mention of dividing them by age group. If the local unit does decide to hold separate activities, I'd expect them to follow the Sunday school classes rather then working independently.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I'm pretty sure that LCR does correctly move girls into the Activity Days group by age when they turn 8 and moves them out when they turn 12. But by default there is only one Activity Days class. You can split the class but there is no criteria for which class each girl will be placed in. So LCR will not move them between classes automatically at all, not on their birthday or on January 1st. A clerk or Primary presidency member has to manually move girls between Activity Days classes.

My experience is how that most wards that have enough girls to need more than one class do split them by age since they move into and out of Activity Days as a whole by age. But I've only ever seen them broken up into 2 groups, usually 8-9 and 10-11. But if you have a very large primary there is no ready you can't break it up more. But LCR won't help you keep them in the right classes.
CoryDeeNelson

Post by CoryDeeNelson »

Thanks Gentlemen. Looks like due to our massive amount of primary kids (~200), the previous ward clerk must have made these subgroups manually. I will just manage them manually. Thank you for the perspective and input.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”