Building keys form

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
vhoyer

Building keys form

Post by vhoyer »

Does anyone know who in a Ward/Branch is to be issued building keys. I developed an Excel form but see mentioned there's an agreement form to read and sign by each person. I'm new at the calling, we have a small number in our Branch although nearly 70% of the membership have keys from one source or another. I've been asked to clear up the quagmire by locating all keys, identifying who has what and then recording the same.

PS: I also checked on the "Do Not Duplicate" stamp. The local key shops indicated they do not honor that request and if anyone shows up with that stamp, a copy will be made no questions asked! Only two states in the USA have laws governing the do not duplicate request. Thus, almost 80% of the keys I have in my possession and those who have other keys have no stamp on them. I just need to find the form people read and sign and then a list of who should have keys, understanding the Stake Presidency, Bishop, Branch President can circumvent the list where needed.

Brother Hoyer
Brownsville Branch
Lebanon Oregon Stake
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Building keys form

Post by Mikerowaved »

[Moderator note: Split off an old topic.]

There are links to some [real] basic documents that might help under the "Tracking" heading of this wiki page: Building keys.

As far as locating and gathering up keys, good luck! If there's a large number of outstanding keys, your FM Group might be persuaded that the best course of action would be to re-key the building(s) and start over. Some buildings are receiving keyless entry systems that use a keychain style fob. There are pros and cons of such systems, but it seems to be popular with some FM Groups. You might ask if there are any plans in the future for such a system in your stake. If so, that might solve the problem for you.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Your FM should be able to send you a key assignment list for your meetinghouse. I think they sent a PDF to me, and I created a spreadsheet from it. The FM is also responsible for creating new and replacement keys for you. Just don't ask for too many Medeco keys at once. They are expensive.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
montann

Post by montann »

Please share pdf ward calling assignment - issuing keys
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

montann wrote:Please share pdf ward calling assignment - issuing keys
This is a user-to-user forum. If you are looking for a key assignment list being discussed here, you will notice in the post before yours that a possible source would be the FM group. Your stake physical facilities representative (a high councilor) will be able to help you.

Return to “Reports and Forms”